Wedding Party

Do I need to have a wedding party?

The idea of choosing bridesmaids/MOH really stresses me out, and it stresses my fiance out too. I went to a wedding not too long ago that had "witnesses" instead of a wedding party. The witnesses sat in the front row as opposed to next to the bride and groom. I really want the focus to be on us, and there's so much drama involved when choosing a wedding party. 

Do I have to have a wedding party ? Thoughts? 

Re: Do I need to have a wedding party?

• The idea of choosing bridesmaids/MOH really stresses me out, and it stresses my fiance out too. I went to a wedding not too long ago that had "witnesses" instead of a wedding party. The witnesses sat in the front row as opposed to next to the bride and groom. I really want the focus to be on us, and there's so much drama involved when choosing a wedding party. 

Do I have to have a wedding party ? Thoughts? 

@TheFutureMrsFine

No you do not have to have a wedding party. If both you and your fiancé get stressed out about it, then don't have one. Having witnesses is fine.

IF you decide to have a wedding party, they don't have to stand up there with you and your fiancé. I have been to wedding (my neighbor's wedding about 3 years ago) where the wedding party stood up front until the bride was given away by her father and then the wedding party sat down in the front row.

IF you decide to have a wedding party and they are up there with you, the focus will still be on you and your fiancé -  not them.

But like I said, you do NOT have to have a wedding party.

• You absolutely don't need to have a wedding party in order to get married. The witnesses are the ones that sign your marriage license. You and your FI can have a witness apiece. You can also have a family member or friend read a poem, song lyrics, etc. during the ceremony as well. My sister only had me as her MOH and BIL had his best friend as his BM. Keeping it simple is always nice.
  • 2 of the last 3 weddings I went to had no bridal party.  Sounds like this will work for you and help avoid any potential stress or drama.
  • No! You dont needa wedding party. I personally have 6 girls and yes its alot of hassle lol even if you just did 1 Maid of honor and 1 Best man that would work also :)
  • We didn't have a wedding party and it was a great decision. We each chose one witness, and I had my best friend do a reading.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards