Wedding Invitations & Paper

Extra Invitations... What do I do with them???

So here is my problem... Wedding Paper Diva's accidentally sent me my order of invite twice. Obviously not the worst problem in the world! We ordered 160 and will have about 153 go out leaving enough extra for a scrapbook, keepsake book, photographer, getting lost in the mail etc. so I am not worried about that... But is there anything creative that could be done with 160 extra invites?

Re: Extra Invitations... What do I do with them???

• rmeskowi said:
    So here is my problem... Wedding Paper Diva's accidentally sent me my order of invite twice. Obviously not the worst problem in the world! We ordered 160 and will have about 153 go out leaving enough extra for a scrapbook, keepsake book, photographer, getting lost in the mail etc. so I am not worried about that... But is there anything creative that could be done with 160 extra invites?
    @rmeskowi

I think you may have covered all your creative bases lol. I would say maybe send the extras back (make sure you didn't get charged twice if you haven't checked already) because 160 extra is A LOT lol.

The only thing I could think of (though I don't know how well it would work) would be to use them as seating chart (if you're doing one) but it might be hard / tricky to do that without it looking tacky or something.

Also, maybe post this on the DIY board. They may think of something I haven't. 
  • rmeskowi said:
    Yikes! I would send them back to Wedding Paper Diva's.  Tell them you got a double shipment and find out if you were double charged (by checking your bank or credit card statement).  160 extra is A LOT!  I printed 110 and only needed 96.  The little extra are for those stuck in the mail, keepsake, photographer, etc.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • Thanks! I already made sure I did not get charged for them. I'm going to use the envelopes for thank you cards. Make table numbers with the invites I think and then we will see with the rest. I really don't want to send them back bc they will just throw them out.. they cannot really reuse them.
  • Are they printed front and back? Are there any designs on them?

If they have at least one blank side, you could donate them to a school classroom-especially heavier cardstock.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Paper Divas also did this to me.

We ordered 245 Save the Dates. The packing slip said we received 3 sets of 75, 1 set of 20, 3 sets of 75, 1 set of 20, and then the 20 extra envelopes.

I made sure we werent charged for them.

We havent done anything with them. We may cut a few up for christmas ornaments and use a few for scrapbooking. But the others we dont know what to do with.

• Yeah if the back is plain or just a pattern you could use them in frames for table numbers, signs at the bar/guestbook/favor table, etc. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards