August 2014 Weddings
Options

Are you hiring a coordinator?

I'm planning a backyard ceremony and a reception at a non-traditional venue, so there will be no on-site coordinators. I think we could definitely use some professional help, but looking for Knotties' advice on what your coordinators are doing for you (if you're hiring one!) and how much is reasonable for various tasks.  For example, it seems that there's full planning (which I don't think I need), month-of, and day-of.

Re: Are you hiring a coordinator?

• Options
    Do you have a caterer? Usually they provide a point person to keep an eye on the timing and flow of things, moving chairs as needed, etc. My venue has a day-of coordinator but it sounds like the catering company is more in charge that day.
  • Options
    I hired a day-of-coordinator. My site doesn't have one and I didn't want anyone in my family or friends to be burderened with day of details. She was $900 and is unlimited email contact and will contact vendors week of, do the rehearsel, make the timeline, and run the day.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • Options
    I have 2 day of coordinators (one at ceremony venue and one for reception venue). I am doing all the planning so really only need day of anyways and they know what I want and expect from each and will coordinate with each other). I just need a go to person so fix or get things going or my ADD would never get things done, and I want my family to be stress-free and have fun. My sister did not use one and as her MOH I was pooped by the end of the day since I did all of the coordination!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards