Snarky Brides

Can we be done with zombie apocalypse engagement photos?

Re: Can we be done with zombie apocalypse engagement photos?

• Huh what?!?!? I haven't seen these ever. Of course if I google image searched I would probably find them haha.

This is a thing?!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CLI242009 , yeah it was a weird thing. Couples lounging around an open field, having a picnic, when suddenly a zombie appears and makes its way toward the frightened couple. They fight it off and (normally) are victorious at the end, with fake blood all over their clothes. 

I have a phobia of zombies, so I hope this trend will hopefully stop soon.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Zombie Engagement pictures!
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Yeah, I like The Walking Dead as much as the next person, but just no.
  • It was funny the first time I saw it. 

And that's it. 
  • Well my friends friend had a Zombie wedding on Halloween, in Salem, Mass. The happy couple dressed up as Zombies, she had blood down her white zombie bride dress, and black flowers. Lovely.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    Well my friends friend had a Zombie wedding on Halloween, in Salem, Mass. The happy couple dressed up as Zombies, she had blood down her white zombie bride dress, and black flowers. Lovely.
    Really want to see pictures of this for the lols.
  • aefitz29, my friend texted me a pic, and I have no idea what I did with it lol. I thought it was saved but I went through our convos and couldn't find it. Maybe my phone knew better and deleted it for me LOL.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:
    aefitz29, my friend texted me a pic, and I have no idea what I did with it lol. I thought it was saved but I went through our convos and couldn't find it. Maybe my phone knew better and deleted it for me LOL.
    Damn, oh well maybe I'll google it later for the fun of it.
  • I think the silly engagement photos are cute. I saw this couple who did these really cute Alice in Wonderland ones a few years ago and I loved them! We didn't do any engagement photos because we didn't think they were necessary but if we did we probably would have done something silly.
  • PolarBearFitzPolarBearFitz member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Kelcita21 said:
    Zombie Engagement pictures!
    I can't stop laughing at their staged facial expressions in the right most picture. That's the face you think you'll make if by the smallest of small chances you were attacked by zombies? Constipated face? It seriously looks like they are each trying to drop a deuce. 

I mean really? Rofl.
  • Amyzen83 said:
    I think I may be in the minority here, but I kinda like the silly themed engagement photos as long as there are normal ones too. I feel it adds personality to the couple. After seeing many friends get engaged I feel they all kind of start to look the same, the Twilight ones though.... not a fan. Besides it's all about Harry Potter anyway :P
    I kind of agree. I think it has to be in the couple's personalities too. If they are not the goofy silly type then trying to pose for that would just be awkward and silly. If that's how they are then go for it.

I just think this is something that just shouldn't be done. The furniture okay, the tracks okay, I mean there's a way to do certain themes in weddings without it looking comical. I just think zombies are one of those things that just can't be done >.>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like them. Just because they don't fit into the typical engagement shots doesn't make them any less special for the bride and groom. My FH and I are not fans of "normal" e-pics because they wouldn't be very "us." We like things that are often described as offbeat (metal, obscure horror movies, etc.) and are considering doing some kind of funny e-pic shoot to reflect that. To each his/her own!

Although, to be fair, the zombie thing is really overdone. I think people need to start coming up with new ideas.

• I like them. Just because they don't fit into the typical engagement shots doesn't make them any less special for the bride and groom. My FH and I are not fans of "normal" e-pics because they wouldn't be very "us." We like things that are often described as offbeat (metal, obscure horror movies, etc.) and are considering doing some kind of funny e-pic shoot to reflect that. To each his/her own!

Although, to be fair, the zombie thing is really overdone. I think people need to start coming up with new ideas.

Agreed.  While the zombie thing is definitely overdone, at least it's not the typical "stare dreamily into each other's eyes" shot that EVERYONE else does.  I'd much rather see shots with some personality. 
  • Meh, I think it's fun to think of something new, and I really doubt a whole lot of people have done this. E-pics are really just for the couple, and should reflect their style...if you hate them (and I see plenty that make me vomit) keep scrolling.
  • I hate trendy engagement photos, but I do love the zombie ones. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• What's wrong with train track pictures? Some of my favorite wedding pictures were done on old train tracks by our venue.

To each their own - I'm not into zombie engagement pictures, but I do prefer ones that show some of the couple's personality.
  • What's wrong with train track pictures? Some of my favorite wedding pictures were done on old train tracks by our venue.

To each their own - I'm not into zombie engagement pictures, but I do prefer ones that show some of the couple's personality.
    Train track pictures are illegal in lots of places, and also dangerous. Unless the tracks really are abandoned, it is not advisable to sit or stand in the path of a potential oncoming train.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll

Train track pictures are illegal in lots of places, and also dangerous. Unless the tracks really are abandoned, it is not advisable to sit or stand in the path of a potential oncoming train.

*stuck in box* I can understand that and concede on that point, but many people also do have pictures taken on abandoned tracks (like mine). Just because it's popular doesn't make it eye-roll worthy.

*stuck in box* I can understand that and concede on that point, but many people also do have pictures taken on abandoned tracks (like mine). Just because it's popular doesn't make it eye-roll worthy.
    I think people mostly roll their eyes because they're tired of seeing them. But if you're happy with them, that's all that matters!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Inkdancer said:
    What's wrong with train track pictures? Some of my favorite wedding pictures were done on old train tracks by our venue.

I think people mostly roll their eyes because they're tired of seeing them. But if you're happy with them, that's all that matters!
    I'm definitely happy with them. In my area, train track pictures have been around for a long time - we have a lot of abandoned train tracks that make for lovely pictures.

I suppose I just don't really understand rolling your (general) eyes at something because you see it a lot and are tired of seeing it. I see a lot of wedding or engagement pictures on the beach, in a sports field, in a field, next to a graffiti wall, with the city skyline in the background, etc. There aren't too many genuinely unique locations for engagement/wedding pictures. Not that I've seen, at least. Those are just my feelings on the subject.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards