June 2014 Weddings

JUne 7th,2014

What made you choose this day

We chose because it DH fathers b-day and when we met  it was on my fathers B-day both have past thought would be great idea.

Re: JUne 7th,2014

• We started dating on June 7, 2005 when we were finishing up high school. We have celebrated June 7th as our anniversary ever since, so we wanted to keep the date the same as our wedding anniversary.
  • aww well congrats!!! our day is narrowing down fast where will you be doing your wedding

• Thanks @Carters0908! Our wedding will be taking place a beautiful historic mill in Toronto. How about you? Do you have a lot of planning left?
  • Yes tons....Our wedding will be in Jamaica....Where getting married on the Island of Negril.......January 1st will be crunch time for the both of us its coming so fast.
  • I wanted June 7, 2014. Sadly, my priest was not available that day. Or any day in June but the day we have, 28th. I wanted it because 6/7/14. 6+1=7x2=14. It's also the day after D-day (my fiance is a history nut)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Oh Wow Melbelleup Never new the math on our wedding date lol...I hate you couldnt get your date that date means alot. where is your wedding going to be
  • Oh Wow Melbelleup Never new the math on our wedding date lol...I hate you couldnt get your date that date means alot. where is your wedding going to be
    It's okay, I had other dates I wanted too that I had to by pass because my fiance is a teacher lol. My wedding will be in Pennsylvania, but I live in North Carolina. Oddly, after I booked everything in June last year... my priest moved to a different church and now the date is available... but it's not worth the hassle to change esp. because I already had my save the dates done lol
  • What made you choose this day

We chose because it DH fathers b-day and when we met  it was on my fathers B-day both have past thought would be great idea.

Also, to piggy back off of this.. in my family there is a tradition where the girl gets married on her father's birthday. My mom and dad did it, my grandma did it and I think her mom did it as well. I'm not though... or I'd be having a Dec. 2015 wedding lol
  • Lol I am with you on not waiting until Dec 2015. My Orginal date was march 7,2015 but the waiting process wore down on me.....Are you having any family upset you wont be doing it in your home state...My mom Is pissed im going to Jamaica even tho she flys free and that is where she is from......
  • Well, I'm getting married in my province, but I have some family who were surprised that we aren't getting married in our hometown. I am a full-time MA student, and I really wasn't comfortable with planning a wedding in a different city from where I am currently living. It's challenging enough coming up with enough time to plan my wedding while being in school full-time. Oh well.
  • @ahyatt87...Is your date June 7th as well and I understand it is very overwhelming...is most of your family making arrangements to come

• Yes @Carters0908 my date is also June 7th. My family has been very understanding. Fortunately, my two aunts who were the most taken aback by choice of city only live one hour away and are planning on attending. It can challenging if not impossible to make everyone happy, though.
  • muenginerdmuenginerd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2014

I didn't want a June wedding at all.  The summer's are really busy here and I knew getting vendors would be harder.  But we saw our venue and fell in love with it.  It over looks the lake where there are fireworks almost every weekend.  When we saw the venue the catering manager told us June 7th was the last Fireworks night available for the season.  We jumped on it, because why not have a free fireworks show. 

P.S. - Did I mention we are about 5 months away?  It made me realize how we have so much more to plan!

• Me to @muenginerd I had to come up with my own to do list just to stay on top of things its sounds like you guys wedding day is going to be a blast congrats lady's we WED this YEar lol
  • We choose June 7th because we want a summer wedding outdoors in the garden before it gets too hot (which it does in Tennessee!) and both my sisters and my mom are teachers and my fiance's mom, aunt, grandmother and cousin are teachers so they all will have summer vacation.  We're so excited!
  • I did not want a summer wedding, I wanted a fall wedding. But in order for me to get a fall wedding I would have to wait until fall 2015(fiancé is in nursing school). June 7 was the earliest date we could find after he was out for the summer, and that all of my out of state family could attend. Holiday weekends were out for us, as was May 31 for birthday reasons. So here I am, June 7, I'm learning to embrace it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • what do you guys have left to do for planning...Im sure we all have Venue, Dress and idea of decor...I stil have welcome bags...interniary for day of and welcome dinner...My music it will be on an ipod so this has be tedious...
  • We're working on invitations and other paper goods right now. We just got back from looking for men's attire. We have pretty much all the planning done, except for the one big thing...the actual ceremony. We know the basics of what we want, we just haven't sat down and figured out how we want to do the one biggest part of of the day-the actual marriage!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Where are you guys getting married?

and DH and I have not looked at mens attire I pretty much left that up to ....Thinking I should reconsider now

• We're getting married in our home town (small town in Southwest/Central Virginia) on a rooftop terrace overlooking the river. Just a heads up for you, we were told today that men's stores will be getting overrun soon with students for prom. We hadn't thought about that, but I figured it was a pretty good thing to remember. Weddings definitely trump prom in my opinion!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just read the first posts, we'll be honeymooning in Jamaica! We're staying in Montego Bay! Boy I can't wait until that week of relaxation!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually feel like FI and I are in pretty good shape. We have to order our invitations, but we have selected them. We are starting our shopping for wedding bands, which has been fun, but we still are looking for a good deal. We also are going to start our guest favours this weekend, as well as finalizing what readings we want to use during the ceremony. We have been having a lot of fun planning!
  • That great @ahyatt87 Ive been doing most of the planning myself....My fiance' is just my ear to vent lol....How do you gals deal with that feeling of just wanting to get to that day I find myself in a deep trance of wanting that week long Vacation as @Artemischief mentioned...Do you guys have other hobbys wat do you do....
  • We went with June 7th because I'm a teacher, and would be starting my summer vacation that week! Plus, we wanted to have a summer wedding before the Virginia humidity kicks in. :)
  • @sandk14 are you from Va I will be going there next week to meet the rest of my Finace' family is it snowing I hope there is snow im in georgia so we rarely see snow
  • That great @ahyatt87 Ive been doing most of the planning myself....My fiance' is just my ear to vent lol....How do you gals deal with that feeling of just wanting to get to that day I find myself in a deep trance of wanting that week long Vacation as @Artemischief mentioned...Do you guys have other hobbys wat do you do....

Oh I'm going out of mind right and am so over planning.  I really don't want to be involved in anything righ tnow.  I've got family members and maids who want to be very involved and are calling me on a near daily basis for updates on what's going on giving opinions on how we should do things.  I try to avoid some of it, but since my parents are paying for it we have to at least give them a chance to speak their peace.

To handle it I've just gone full bore into training/work-out mode.  I've started getting up early and hitting the gym for about an 1/1.5 hours before work.  It's a nice quite time to just run hard and forget about everything else.  I'm bummed now because I signed up for a half marathon in May and have gone full bore into getting back into shape.  MOH just called last night and told me she scheduled my bachelorette party for the same date as my half (she hadn't know I had registered for a race).  It's the only date everyone can make.  I broke down to FI last night saying I feel bad, like I'm being selfish that I would rather do my half marathon then party a night out on the town.  He told me to stop it, be selfish, and tell them they have to reschedule it is a party for me afterall.  So we'll see how that goes, one way or the other I am just sticking to my training plan and running my butt off.  Between the gym and work I'm too tired to worry about wedding details...

• Yes and i'm thinking i should get like you at this point and work out and I work full time but tend to use my 8 hour shift doing wedding things its very annoying....I think with your family you should take some that you like or even hell let them think their idea is included and go with what you want the day of everyone will be happy in the end and that is what matters @muenginered
  • I am from Virginia.  Afraid there's no snow though!  It's mostly just cold and rainy right now.  :(
  • @SandK14, better than Tuesday though when we had that -22 windchill! Longest walk of my life getting to work(and it was only 3 minutes). The ice got me yesterday and I slipped in my driveway. It just doesn't seem fair to have this weather with no snow! Oh well, in the 60 s this weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm beginning to realize how close the date it! I have been incredibly sick since New Years. I feel like I have so many things to get started and completed. I have to assemble my invitations, and my girls say they are going to help, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get a date/time to work for everyone. I don't know how to address my invitations, I know I wanted it to look super amazing, but I don't have amazing hand writing and don't want to spend the $ on a calligrapher. Just starting to wear me out! And I have yet to start losing my weight for the wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards