Honeymoon Discussions

Cancun or Punta Cana?

FI and I are officially ready to book our honeymoon. We are meeting with a travel agent next week. Only problem is I keep flipping back and forth between Cancun and Punta Cana because everywhere looks SO amazing. This will be the first time me and my FI have ever been out of the country and on a long trip just the two of us so we want to make this trip very special. One thing very important to both of us is somewhere with a great beach. FI really does not care where we go, he just wants me to be happy! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Kind of getting overwhelmed with all the all-inclusive options. 

Re: Cancun or Punta Cana?

• If you want a great beach, look for an AI Resort along Maroma Beach in the Riviera Maya. Secrets Maroma and El Dorado Maroma are two that come to mind!

• I've been to both Cancun and Punta Cana... I would probably opt for Punta Cana. The beaches were amazing and water calm enough to swim in. It's been years since we've been to Cancun but I remember the main hotel strip beaches, the ocean could be rough. Though the resort we went to the last few times, the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach was around the tip and the ocean was calmer. Cancun will offer you more night life and things to do out of your hotel. Punta Cana is more remote, there are excursions but you'll likely spend most of your time on the property. Like the PP said Riviera Maya is another option, near Cancun but away from the hustle of the hotel strip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Punta Cana all the way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards