Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

ring bearer

Someone enlighten me please.  If the ring bearer carries the ring in a pillow, how does the minister get them?  I am assuming the child sits with his parents (my cousin's son).  So, if the child sits down, where do the rings go.  Does the child give them to the best man at that time?  Thank you for the info.  

Re: ring bearer

• ccvasquez said:
    Someone enlighten me please.  If the ring bearer carries the ring in a pillow, how does the minister get them?  I am assuming the child sits with his parents (my cousin's son).  So, if the child sits down, where do the rings go.  Does the child give them to the best man at that time?  Thank you for the info.  
    @ccvasquez

I have seen it done 2 ways.

1. He carries the pillow and holds it while sitting in the front row until it's time for the rings and then the officiant or best man unties them.

2. He walks to the best man who unties them before the bride walks in and then the R.B. goes and sits in the front row with his parents / grandparents (if parents are part of the wedding party)
  • Actually, quite a lot of ringbearers don't have the real rings. They have fake ones, and the best man and MOH carry the real rings. Our ringbearer did have them, since he was a bit older (6 or 7) and they were enclosed in a hollow book and tied in with a ribbon. He stood (sat, rather, since he had broken his leg and was in a wheelchair) next to the altar in front of the stairs the groomsmen were on, and the best man retrieved the rings from him at the appropriate time.
  • That makes a lot of sense.  Thanks ladies! 
  • Our ring bearer carried fake ones because he was 3, so pretty young.  The MOH and BM had the rings.  At my sister's wedding, the ring bearer was older so he walked up to the BM and the BM took the brides rings and then walked over to the MOH and the MOH took the grooms ring.  Then, when the time came, the pastor took the brides rings from the BM and did their whole thing and then repeated it with the MOH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards