Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sean and Catherine's wedding invitation.

So I was googling when Sean and Catherine's (from The Bachelor) wedding date was to know when it would be aired.

I came across their invitation. The response card lets you check whether you "can't wait" or have "something more important to attend than celebrating the union of Sean and Catherine." How tacky, pretentious and presumptuous!

Also, their wedding invites ask for "formal attire." The invitation itself does look somewhat formal, however, the wording is decidedly informal. Not only the RSVP card, but also "Sean will marry his best friend Catherine who completely adores him."

Supposedly, this is their personality.

Hers a link if anyone cares. http://www.people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,20763531,00.html

Also, I can't get over the fact that they keep saying, oh we're having our wedding on TV because that's where it started and we want to share with everyone who's invested in us. Oh brother, they are not. They're having it on TV so ABC will throw them a tens of thousands of dollars shindig.

Re: Sean and Catherine's wedding invitation.

• Gross. And the invite doesn't even make sense. "Together with their families... Sean will marry his best friend". What the hell is that supposed to say? Good grief.
    Anniversary
  • Yuck! What a poor-worded invite. Wouldn't be surprised though from T.V stars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We recently got an invite that included some sort of cheeky response card. I told FI that I want ours to basically say "yes, we are coming" or "no, we can't make it". I don't like the silly response options.
  • sarahufl said:
    We recently got an invite that included some sort of cheeky response card. I told FI that I want ours to basically say "yes, we are coming" or "no, we can't make it". I don't like the silly response options.
    We didn't do response cards (cake and punch reception), but if we did, we would have done something like that.  Certainly, weddings are important and I would make a wedding a priority over any number of things.  But there are also a number of things that are more important than a wedding.
  • I can't roll my eyes hard enough.
  • cruffinocruffino member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    Ewww. But what do you expect from third rate media whores?
  • edited December 2013
    Their STD's were worse. They were riding a tandem bike with panda heads on in the photograph & the card invited people to "join them along with holographic tupac" for the wedding. ....really?!?....

• @missax. I'm totally with you. As someone that does have a little silliness on the invite. Ours says "Reception to follow...it will be awesome". I'm okay with non-traditional invites. But the response card shouldn't be a guilt trip. We went with the normal "accept with pleasure" or "decline with regret". Also, if you have a silly invite, you shouldn't be having a formal affair. I'm assuming my guests will know not to show up in jeans at a country club, but no need for a tux. Unless of course they want to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards