May 2014 Weddings

Changed the date from Fall to Spring

Recently, we decided to change the date of the wedding to May instead of October. We love a garden venue, and would prefer to have it during blossom season instead of the end of the season. 

Previously, I had started planning around fall themed, but now trying to think of spring themes. I have no idea where to start planning with this. Colors, center pieces, etc. What're your color(s)? I'm browsing the threads now, but you ladies seemed to have figured it out for the most part!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Funny Awkward animated GIF

Re: Changed the date from Fall to Spring

• I'm doing blue and green (light but not pastel shaides) I'm not too focused on the colors being springy though. We went with those colors cause they are my favorite color (blue) and FI's favorite color (green).

Best of luck with the date change and planning changes!

Anniversary
  • We are going with pretty classic colors. Of course black, white, and the actual color being a baby blue.It's called capri by Davids Bridal. I like the clean and classic, simple but still elegant look of the three together. Using blue Hydrangea and white roses for cetnerpieces.imageThis is the general idea of what I'm going with. Except blue hydrangea and then the roses in the middle of those. I am doing the lighted branch just as the picture. The vase I bought doesn't have the stem on bottom, just the cylinder. No lights insoide the vase but I am adding some of those fancy polished glass rocks in blue, clear and theres a few green mixed in. I'm adding black ribbon to the outside and making a bow and have bought some rhinstones to place under the bow for that glitzy effect, SOunds like alot but really it's very nice looking
  • Just do a search for "spring wedding" on pinterest, and I'm sure you'll get tons of ideas! I'm such a visual person... I was stuck trying to figure out a color scheme or "theme", but just kept browsing pinterest. I finally found 1 picture and said, "THAT is what I want my wedding to feel like!" image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going gray and purple - gray bridesmaid dresses, purple flowers, etc.  I really didn't take the season much into consideration vs just my color preferences.  I let my girls pick their own dresses, just having to be gray, and they have picked lighter shades of gray, since it will be in the spring.   Our venue is at a lodge type setting with amazing view's so I really am not doing much decorating.

• Our venue has a lot of greys and greens and browns, so I wanted to keep with an English garden feel and went with pinks, blush, coral, ivory, and a bit of lavender, with lots of greenery, succulents, etc. Everything is going to be very lush and unstructured and romantic :) Welcome to the May board!

• I'm a combo of @pumpkinsandturkeys & @klburke88 :) Coral, peach, ivory and gold with greenery also. Outside for the ceremony will be more flowery/romantic. Inside, for the reception, more elegant and sparkly.

• I didn't really consider the season when picking my colors. We were originally having a fall wedding as well and moved it up to May. Our colors are ivory, champagne, wine, and gold. It's definitely not spring feeling, but it fits in with the venue and the feeling I was going for.
  • Thanks for the welcome! Our venue is a garden with colors everywhere. A happy change for me is the new flowers available now on spring than fall. I love peonies, and your center pieces look wonderful everyone. I'm on Pinterest, looking around for spring stuff. I was doing fall stuff so much that it's hard to break out of it and try over again with spring. Granted, it's still a bit away, but I just want to research!
  • luvskittlesluvskittles member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2013
    I am doing lilac and champagne, with kind of a wine theme because we LOVE wine. Thinking this for centerpieces:  http://www.stylemepretty.com/gallery/picture/303531/
  • im hoping my mothers lily of the valley come up by then,they smell so good and are so pretty,if they are then im going to use those too.And some babies breath too
  • I'm doing hot pink and turquoise blue.
  • First of all welcome to the May board, we are all pretty much awesome here :) And my wedding colors are light grey and purple. I only have one attendant and she will be in purple. My FI will be in grey as will his best man. I picked grey first cause I knew that's what I wanted my FI to wear cause he will look better in grey then black. And I have always loved purple and grey together :)
    Anniversary
  • Kristen625 - Thanks!! Ladies here seem lovely. I've been looking at lilac and purple shades. FI likes purple, but he needs to be in complete black. I'm thinking lilac and lighter shades of purple would look well with that. 
  • I'm doing mint and lavender, with the bridesmaids wearing mint and carrying bunches of lavender. I may add a splash of coral but haven't decided yet. Still working out centerpieces so who knows what will happen! Really wishing I had the budget to have someone else figure it out for me. Good luck with your planning! I had originally wanted a fall wedding but spring is what works best with my FI's schedule (law school is very demanding in the fall!). 
  • @akopitzke I've been looking at mint and lavender color scheme and really like it, too. I always like mint, and purple is my FI's favorite. Are there any mint colored flowers? I'm not too knowledgeable on that.
  • @kelcita21 hydrangeas come in light colors of green
  • @dluberts my only concern with hydrangeas is that they die so quickly. My friend was in a wedding this past summer and their bouquets died before the reception. 
  • you gotta keep them in water.
  • There are several ways to help preserve them, if you order them(if diy) re cut the stems once ordered and place in a bucket of ice water and then in a cool area overnight.then the next day re cut stems again and make your arrangments
  • Agree with @dluberts . Some flowers hold up better than others, but proper prep and care for any flower is key if you want it to last as long as possible. I've never found hydrangea to be problematic in terms of longevity for a one-off event, bearing in mind that they'll last about 3 hours out of water.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards