Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding Invitations - no Save the Date

We will be getting married 5/3/14.

To save money and the environment, we've decided to forego Save the Dates. Since many of our guests are being invited from out of town, we would like to send out the invitations soon with a 3/1/14 RSVP deadline. 

Is that too soon/poor etiquette?

Since there will be no Save the Dates, I'm including our wedding website at the bottom of the invitation. I plan to also include an area on the website where they can virtually RSVP.

Re: Wedding Invitations - no Save the Date

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    Invitations should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding. Not using STDs doesn't change that timeframe. You have an RSVP deadline 2 months before the wedding. That's ridiculous.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I would send out your invites so they get them by 3/1… the rsvp date of 3/1 is super early!  The deadline should be (at the earliest) one month before your wedding, and even that is early.

We are also including our website information, but not on the actual invitation.  Can you make an insert with the website address?  I think a web address looks tacky on the actual invite.  
  • AddieL73 said:
    Invitations should go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding. Not using STDs doesn't change that timeframe. You have an RSVP deadline 2 months before the wedding. That's ridiculous.
    This.  Also, I would create an insert to put the website and any other information on instead of putting it on the actual invite.
  • We will be getting married 5/3/14.

To save money and the environment, we've decided to forego Save the Dates. Since many of our guests are being invited from out of town, we would like to send out the invitations soon with a 3/1/14 RSVP deadline. 

Is that too soon/poor etiquette?

Since there will be no Save the Dates, I'm including our wedding website at the bottom of the invitation. I plan to also include an area on the website where they can virtually RSVP.
    Yes, that RSVP date is too soon.  Why are you asking for such an early response?  STDs are never required, but the invitation should go out no more than 8 weeks before the wedding.  Wedding websites do not go on the invitation.  You could put a small business sized card with that information, though.  Vistaprint does a great job of this for cheap.  It is not necessary to send pre-printed response cards, either, so you are OK on that.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It is rude to ask for an RSVP that far in advance.  Your RSVP date should be no more than 4 weeks before the wedding.

3/1 is the earliest you should be mailing the invitations, not when you should be asking for replies.

If you want to give people extra notice, make a website and informally communicate travel info to out of town guests now.  You don't have to send a formal STD to give them advance notice.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards