Illinois-Chicago

Inexpensive Venue

Hello,
I live in Chicago and I am trying to locate a venue for around $4000-$4500. Does anyone have any suggestions, suburbs are fine?

Re: Inexpensive Venue

• Hi there,
    Sorry, you need to do a lot of legwork. "Venue" can be just a roof over your head or it can include catering and other services. Hotels, restaurants, park district... just dig in.

• Hey!  Have you found a venue?  I have a few suggestions.
  • This literally means nothing. You need to know your approximate headcount and what you mean by venue. Do you mean the rooms plus food, drink, linens, parking, everything total???  Or do you just mean the physical location? 

I am thinking you just got engaged and/or you're jumping the gun. You need to figure other things out to understand what you're looking for.
  • LovetakestimeLovetakestime member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    emilyellyse, No I have not found a place. Suggestion would be great. Thanks
  • LovetakestimeLovetakestime member
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    hollycs I have figured out all those things, Thanks
  • How many guests?
  • Hello,
    I live in Chicago and I am trying to locate a venue for around $4000-$4500. Does anyone have any suggestions, suburbs are fine?
    We will need much more information if you want realistic or helpful responses.  Chicago and outlying suburbs is ridiculously vast and vague.  Can you narrow your preferred area down a bit?  How many guests are on your list?  What day of the week is your wedding?  What time of day is your wedding?  Does the $4000-4500 budget need to include everything...just the venue rental fee...just the food?  

• hollycs I have figured out all those things, Thanks
    Uh, okay genius, you need to TELL those things if you want any sort of suggestion. This isn't a guessing game for us.
  • If you can provide head count and what you want included, I probably know of a few, but help me help you by listing criteria included in that price, as PP have noted.
  • @hollycs, no need for that tone. I'm not here for that. 

• Hello,

Okay ladies...here is what we've come up with. Nothing is set in stone accept the amount of guests. We are looking at 100 guests (some from out of town). We are very flexible with it being south suburbs, north, or west. However to give you all a more central idea of where we are located. We live very close to downtown chicago, but again we willing to travel and hour-hour and 1/2 out for a place we can afford. As far as the type of venue we are looking at something that has meals included. For the place we are hoping to spend $4500 but no more than $6000. I originally posted $4000-$4500 as a range because I would like to stay under as much as possible, but if this is unreasonable please tell me. Please understand that I obviously have no clue what I should be doing, LOL. So suggestions are welcomed. 
  • If you can provide head count and what you want included, I probably know of a few, but help me help you by listing criteria included in that price, as PP have noted.
    100 which includes out of town guest and a budget that can go up to $6000 (venue only+food), however I want to stay under as much as possible. If in Chicago it is even a hope, because I have been looking and I it is not looking good. LOL
  • mobkaz said:
    Hello,
    We will need much more information if you want realistic or helpful responses.  Chicago and outlying suburbs is ridiculously vast and vague.  Can you narrow your preferred area down a bit?  How many guests are on your list?  What day of the week is your wedding?  What time of day is your wedding?  Does the $4000-4500 budget need to include everything...just the venue rental fee...just the food?  

100 guest, venue would include rental fee and food. The budget can go as high as $6000, but I am really trying to stay under. I don't know if that is possible, but please let me know if you have seen anything. We are flexible on the time and date. I know daytime weddings are less expensive and if you have a Sunday or Friday it can be less, however my main problem is that I don't even know where to start that is anywhere near this inexpensive. I have looked a tons of places and the prices are just WOW. 

• You should be able to find a venue that would host a brunch or luncheon for under $40 a person.  If you opt to have a dry wedding, or a very limited hosted bar, this could be even less expensive.  I'm afraid my area of knowledge is more northwest suburban, so I cannot help with specific venues in the downtown area.

Research which restaurants have private rooms that can hold 100 people.  Some restaurants in my area that have locations in your area that might be able to accommodate you would be Wildfire, Maggiano's, or Hackney's.  I found this website that might give you a jumping off point.....

I know brides here used to speak highly of a restaurant called Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro.  They said it was very affordable and very good.  I don't recall what they considered "affordable" but they may have something to offer.

• mobkaz said:
    You should be able to find a venue that would host a brunch or luncheon for under $40 a person.  If you opt to have a dry wedding, or a very limited hosted bar, this could be even less expensive.  I'm afraid my area of knowledge is more northwest suburban, so I cannot help with specific venues in the downtown area.

Research which restaurants have private rooms that can hold 100 people.  Some restaurants in my area that have locations in your area that might be able to accommodate you would be Wildfire, Maggiano's, or Hackney's.  I found this website that might give you a jumping off point.....

I know brides here used to speak highly of a restaurant called Mrs. Murphy and Sons Irish Bistro.  They said it was very affordable and very good.  I don't recall what they considered "affordable" but they may have something to offer.

Hi,

Northwest is okay as well, we are flexible. If you know anything northwest let me know and I'll check it out. I will take a look at your other suggestions. Thanks so much!
  • You made it too hilarious to NOT laugh at you and use that tone. It's like saying you want a college education and you like learning stuff, so where should you go and what should you major in?

Mrs. Murphy and Son's is unbelievable. They are already booking 2015 so check them out quickly. It's a beautiful space and the actual physical location is FREE. You pay for the food and drinks per person but there is no room rental fee, they have a good sound system, gorgeous venue, and an amazing event lady to help you. You can do all kinds of packages. We had the ceremony and reception there for around 90 people, top food options (but buffet style with buffet servers, not plated), the top bar option for five hours, and we were under 10K. But you can do an afternoon wedding with just passed appetizers and wine/beer and easily stay under 6K. Their food - did I say it was amazing already? It's crazy.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    mobkaz said:
    You should be able to find a venue that would host a brunch or luncheon for under $40 a person.  If you opt to have a dry wedding, or a very limited hosted bar, this could be even less expensive.  I'm afraid my area of knowledge is more northwest suburban, so I cannot help with specific venues in the downtown area.

Hi,

Northwest is okay as well, we are flexible. If you know anything northwest let me know and I'll check it out. I will take a look at your other suggestions. Thanks so much!
    Chandler's in Schaumburg has luncheon packages starting under $20 http://www.chandlerschophouse.com/luncheonpkg.php 

Allgauer's in Northbrook offers a great brunch for under $40.
    100 which includes out of town guest and a budget that can go up to $6000 (venue only+food), however I want to stay under as much as possible. If in Chicago it is even a hope, because I have been looking and I it is not looking good. LOL
    Ok, I'm not capable of naming places, as the venues I was looking at were $5k or less without food.  My recommendation is a restaurant, and on a Thursday night.  One fun suggestion might be whatever Fullerton Beach has this summer (it was FB Grill 2 years ago, and was some sort of cantina last summer, but that might even work for a weekend date).  Your money would actually probably go pretty far there.
  • We are doing ceremony and reception at Wilder Park and Wilder Mansion in Elmhurst!
  • edited March 2014
    Check out The Seville in Streamwood.  (www.theseville.com)  We have a similar budget and it is currently my first choice after TONS of research.  They have great reviews, awards from all the wedding sites and throw in everything but the kitchen sink as part of the package.  It's 45 minutes northwest of downtown.  

Hors d'Oeurves, 5 hrs top shelf bar, 4 course dinner, custom wedding cake, sweet table, decor, uplighting, photo booth..  I'm sure I'm forgetting things.  Tons and tons.  They quoted all that to me for $50/person.  Good luck!
  • Wow people are a little rough and rude on this page. I hear the mansion in elmhurst. Good luck in planning I am just started and realize its so expensive. But remember what the day is about :). You don't need all that fancy stuff :).
  • Has anyone looked into Hackney's?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards