New Jersey - South

Carriage House in Galloway

Hey everyone, I'm recently engaged and was wondering if anyone has had their wedding at the Carriage House or have been to a wedding there.  If so, did you like it and was it affordable? I'm talking affordable as in below $20,000. Thanks :)

Re: Carriage House in Galloway

• edited January 2014
    Hi! Congratulations! 

As a whole, the Carriage House is NOT an "affordable" venue. However it does depend on how many people you are interested in inviting. But if you have a small attendance, you will HAVE to hold your wedding on Friday or Sunday. Saturday weddings have a 200 person minimum. They do have a "Crystal Wedding Package" that starts at $72 a person, but all the dates are Friday/Sunday and in like January/February. 

They also are fairly flexible in letting you take things out of your package to get the price down. But again, I would not consider it affordable. It was very pretty, very similar to a plantation style. I can see the appeal, but it was a little too formal and stuffy for my taste. 

I have all their package information and would be happy to send it to you if you'd like! I was there in November, so it's all current information. 

Edited:Fixing grammar 
  • laurenmortlaurenmort member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2014
    Much like PP said, they do have a 200 person minimum- but when I explained that I barely even know that many people (or at least that many people who I wouldn't mind paying for their meal!), it was explained that they do have a financial minimum which was definitely above $20,000- I think it was actually $25,000. Obviously, you'd spend more than that with a lot of people and if you chose a pricier meal option. If your heart is set on a Saturday evening between April and December, that's what you'd pay. I was just there in September, so it probably hasn't changed.

The place is very nice, their large room is gorgeous. I chose to go somewhere else because their price was almost my entire budget and I want to be able to have some little extras. But if I won the lottery tomorrow, I would consider having my reception there.

Good luck and Congratulations!
  • Hi! Have you thought about this anymore? I'm also recently engaged and just confirmed this as my venue. As everyone else is saying, not the most affordable, but it does seem like you're really getting what you pay for. My wedding is going to be small (100 people), so I had to go with the Friday or Sunday option which is fine with me. If you're planning on a smaller wedding, this venue is definitely in your price range. 

Hope it works out!
  • @MaidofToy - I booked at The Flanders in Ocean City. My close 2nd choice was The Ram's Head.
  • @MaidofToy It depends on what you mean by "similar". The Carriage House is bigger and since they pretty much only do weddings, they had more options available through them and had some conveniences that the others didn't have. I found that I could do pretty much the same thing at either of the other venues but it would be smaller (which I was okay with since my wedding is on the "smaller" size (125). It also would be significantly cheaper (10k or more cheaper). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards