Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**Barbie**

Ha, I need to make it on here more often than every few days so our post doesn't get pushed off!

I think you're making a good decision in wanting to get some more work experience before jumping in.  There are a handful of people in my program who are 0-2 years out of school and I can't imagine trying to do this without more experience!

I hear Target is an awesome place to work.  I have a couple of friends who work at headquarters in Minnesota, and one of them is getting his MBA paid for completely by the company and going to school and working at the same time- nice deal if you can get it!

I'm at the Yale School of Management.  I also looked seriously at Berkeley/Haas, Stanford, and Northwestern/Kellogg.  The things I looked for in a program were pretty specialized (with the nonprofit focus option, etc) so my scope was fairly narrow although I didn't limit it geographically at all.  I looked into many many many schools though and did a ton of research and visits before I made my application decisions.  Whew, have to say, I'm glad that part is done!  Any idea which programs you're interested in?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
Vacation

Re: **Barbie**

• Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are very, very tied to Pittsburgh for a number of reasons. Luckily, I have a top ten business school in my backyard at Pitt/Katz. Carnegie Mellon/Tepper? is also a really great school. 

Honestly, Target is the best company I've ever worked for. I know they've gotten some crap lately for a political move they made, but I really believe that there is more to the story than people think. For sure, it is the only place I have worked that follows through with its mission and tries to actually better the communities in which its stores are built. 

That's awesome about your friends! I would love to work at HQ in MN and Target's tuition reimbursement is awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Pittsburgh has some seriously great options!  And Target is the shizz :)  Sounds like lots of exciting stuff ahead for you!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now, I just need to finish my last semester of nursing school. Which is incredibly difficult when you're pretty positive you don't want to be a nurse.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards