Wedding Etiquette Forum

Addressing Save the Dates with guest?

This is probably a dumb question, but my head is reeling with invitation rules, so please forgive me!

We are addressing Save the Dates right now, so we're 5 months out from the wedding. If we are inviting guests who are newly in a relationship and do not live together, do we address the Save the Date to:
a) Ms. Jane Doe and Guest (acknowledging that whomever she is dating at the time the invitations go out will be invited)
b) Ms. Jane Doe and Mr. New Boyfriend
c) Ms. Jane Doe (and add the name of the boyfriend when the actual invites go out)

I know that in the case of the invites, we will invite the boyfriend by name. I am just curious if the rules are different with Save the Dates because of timeline. Thanks!

Re: Addressing Save the Dates with guest?

• I'd add the boyfriend's name to the invitation.    IMO, once they're in a relationship he should be acknowledged by name and it should be clear who is going to be invited so she can make the travel arrangements. 
  • I would just be safe and put the boyfriends name on the invite. 
  • If someone had a boyfriend or girlfriend, I addressed the Save the dates to both. If it was a single person who we would be giving a guest to, we just addressed it to that person, and we will add and guest to the invitation.

• If your intended guest (for our purposes, Billy) is in a relationship with someone (let's call her Samantha) then you should address your Save-the-Date to Billy and Samantha.  No matter when they started dating, or how "serious" they are, this is the correct thing to do.

"And Guest" is only used if Billy is not in a relationship with anyone, but you want him to be able to bring a friend.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • I just went through this myself. Since we're not sure if we're letting people bring guests, single guests just got their save-the-dates addressed to them. Guests in relationships had their invitations addressed to them and their significant other.

For people who don't live together, we sent it to the "primary" guest. What I mean is that my sister and her boyfriend don't live together, and we wouldn't be inviting her boyfriend if he wasn't dating my sister, so the save-the-date was sent to my sister's address.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards