Louisiana-New Orleans

December Wedding Reviews... VERY LONG

I have used this board so much over the past year and a half of wedding planning and it was so helpful!  I wanted to make sure I wrote a review for all of the vendors that were involved in our wedding and maybe it will help some of you too!  Our wedding was the first weekend in December and everything went PERFECT!! I really cannot complain about anything. Good luck to all of the brides to be out there and enjoy every moment of it!!!  If you have any questions about any of the vendors feel free to message me or comment on this discussion!

Wedding Planner – Simply Amour Weddings<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I did a lot of the planning because I really enjoyed it, but I work a lot of hours and had SO MANY questions and ideas that it was very helpful to have Shelley turn my ideas into reality! I could email or text her at any time and she would be there to help me.  She was constantly researching things for me and sending me all of the information. My mom and I did not have to worry about a thing leading up to the wedding and the day of the wedding was completely stress-free. Having Shelley by my side on our wedding day was one of the best decisions I made during the entire process. I cannot say enough nice things about her, but she will be a friend for life!

Even if you can only afford a Day-of or Month-of Coordinator, I highly recommend it. Shelley’s prices are reasonable and she was there for anything I could possibly need.

Venue/Caterer - Board of Trade/Pigeon Catering

To be honest, I wanted to get married here ever since I saw this venue 4 years ago! My fiancé also proposed at The Board of Trade because he knew how much I LOVED this venue. Therefore, it was a no-brainer that we would get married here, but Leah with Pigeon Catering really blew me away and there was no other option!  Leah was always quick to answer my many questions, calls or emails and never seemed annoyed by them.  I really liked that I could email her with questions about the food or venue and she was ALWAYS friendly. They recently did some upgrades and it has made this historic venue even better.  I wish I could have another event there or someone I know have a wedding there because I love it so much!

Photographer – Roddy Orgeron

Roddy is awesome!!!! He took our engagement, bridal and the wedding photos and they all came out SO GOOD! Roddy was very easy to work with and constantly made us laugh! My husband does not like taking pictures AT ALL and he really enjoyed working with Roddy. He knows how to make you feel comfortable and guide you, but look natural. For the engagement pictures, Roddy was willing to go wherever we wanted and even have our puppy in some of the shots (my favorite ones)!  At the wedding, he was everywhere! I do not even know how he captured some of the pictures because we did not notice him and his assistant at all.  His turn-around time is also very quick! All of our wedding pictures are done and he mailed me a flash drive already… our wedding wasn’t even a month ago!! I cannot wait to order prints and display them all over our home!!!!

Videographer - Brock Gomez

I cannot wait to see the video!! I have seen a lot of his work and have loved it all.  He and his assistant were so much fun on the day of the wedding! My husband and I really enjoyed working with him!  I will post another review, once we receive the video!!

Décor – Luminous Events

I started emailing Lisa a year ago about all of my ideas for the wedding and she had everything exactly how I wanted it when I met with her. Lisa was very nice and easy-going, she also didn't mind when I wanted to make changes after our initial meeting.  You can tell she loves what she does because she seemed as excited as I was for our wedding. I know this sounds crazy, but I had dreams about all of the candles for weeks before the wedding and everything was exactly how I pictured it. I am so thankful the rain stayed away, so we could have the courtyard decked out with candles!

Flowers - Nola Flora

Flowers were not a big concern for me because I wanted as many candles as possible but I LOVED all of our flowers. When Shelley and I met with Ashley, I told her my budget, showed her a few pictures of what I liked, stressed that I did not like ANY green and I left everything up to her. If I had known how perfect their flowers are, I probably would have had more flowers. Every bouquet and boutonniere looked like something out of a magazine. They were beautiful!

DJ – Omega Sound & Ent.

They were very easy to work with and I liked how everything is done online.  Selecting the music was very easy and when I had questions, David was there to answer them.  I had originally booked David Storm, but a few weeks before the wedding he said he couldn’t do it and that Rusty would be doing the music.  At first,  I was bummed because I have been to a lot of wedding where David was the DJ and really enjoyed it. Which is why I booked with Omega Sound to begin with, but Shelley (my wedding planner) reassured me that Rusty was very good and I would not be disappointed. My husband and I had the BEST time dancing all night! We don’t have a huge family, so the majority of our guests were younger and it was great that Rusty could read the crowd and played songs that kept us going.  I didn't leave the dance floor!

Second Line – Storyville Stompers

Woody was so sweet and also very quick to respond to my emails. Everything from booking them to the actual wedding day went smoothly.  They were on time and even played inside the BOT because the route wasn’t very long. People are still talking about how much fun they had during the second-line! It was definitely something we will never forget!

Hair – Salon Couvie

It was very important to me that we had someone that was good, but reasonably priced and Rachel and Lynn were awesome! My hair does is very difficult to curl and it came out beautiful.  It was very relaxing having Rachel and Lynn come to the hotel and they made sure they had plenty of time for each girl. Some of the girls are very picky about their hair and everyone loved it!

Makeup – Ashley Sievert

Ashley previously did my makeup for a friend’s bachelorette party and wedding and it turned out great! I emailed her the second we picked a date because she books up fast! I cannot say enough good things about her and the products she uses/sells. You will not be disappointed and you will probably want to buy everything she uses! She brought 2 other people with her since we had so many people, we did not feel rushed at all.  Everyone loved their makeup!! I will be using her for every event I have!

Photo booth  - Mobile Memories

I was skeptical about using Mobile Memories because I never heard of them before. I read a review on this board about how they give each person in the photo a picture and loved that! They had a sale going on for Christmas last year and I decided to book them.  They were very professional and on time. They are the only company I found that gives every person a picture AND one for our book. Everyone was able to enjoy the photo booth, but did not have to take a multiple pictures just to get a copy.

Grooms Cake – Nola Pie Guy

My husband is not a huge fan of cake, but LOVES apple pie! We contacted Nathan with Nola Pie Guy to see if he could make large pies for our wedding because I did not think we would be able to afford individual pies.  The mini pies were very reasonably priced and tasted/looked awesome!! We will definitely be ordering from him again.

Invitations – emDOTzee Designs

I really did not want the traditional wedding invitation, I wanted something more fun and that matched everything else (light blue, gray, white and chevron). We looked through a ton of different websites, blogs and Etsy but could not find anything I liked in my price range.  I gave up and made my own on Word, but I was nervous they would not right. I searched one last time and found her website. She has a bunch of layouts she has already made, but she can also make a new one.  I sent her my desings and she made them ten times better! They were perfect and very reasonable priced.  

Hotel Block – Staybridge Suites

There was a huge convention in town, which made finding a room block impossible! Staybridge Suites was the only place that would give me a room block close to the Board of Trade. They were very friendly!

Bridal Suite - Windsor Court

LOVED my bridal suite!! I was already splurging by booking a suite here, but when we checked in, our friends upgraded us to a Club Level Suite. We had 2 people come to the room to do our hair and 3 people for our makeup. We had so much room for 12 women to get ready in! Every person was very sweet and willing to get us whatever we needed.

Rehearsal Dinner – Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse

My husband and I met at Dickie Brennan’s Steakhouse, so having our rehearsal dinner here meant a lot to us. The management, kitchen and servers went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect and it definitely was! My husband and I are biased when it comes to Dickie Brennan’s Restaurants because he works there, but every person at the dinner has been raving about every course we had.  

Manis/Pedis – La Riviera Salon and Spa

One of my favorite moments of our wedding weekend was taking all of my bridesmaids to La Riviera Salon and Spa for Manicures. Michelle was very accommodating and so nice! If you book a certain number or amount of services, they picked you up in a limo and dropped off. They also include a full bar. The limo driver is AWESOME - they ran out of something and he went to the store for us, even though we told him not to. Being able to relax with my best girlfriends before the big day is definitely something I will never forget.

Re: December Wedding Reviews... VERY LONG

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards