May 2014 Weddings

Fit and Fabulous!

Alright ladies... Since a lot of us agreed that we want to lose a few (and maybe a few more!) and we could all use some encouragement and accountability starting on Jan 1, I figured I'd start a thread for it!

Here's the place to post your achievements, share your downfalls, and look for support!

Let's make the next 3 - 4 months fit and fabulous!

Re: Fit and Fabulous!

• Great idea! I know some ladies were talking on the other thread about doing a 30 day arm challenge to start off the new year. I'm starting that tomorrow in addition to my normal work outs.
  • @tammym1001 I think I'm going to do the 30 day arm challenge, as well as the 30 day ab and squat challenge, starting tomorrow!

• @KnotPorscha. Can you make this a sticky for us????
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just did the 30 day arms. It's really hard to hold a plank when your dog comes running up to your face & starts licking you lol but it felt good....fee the burn!!!
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Just did the 30 day arms. It's really hard to hold a plank when your dog comes running up to your face & starts licking you lol but it felt good....fee the burn!!!
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • anyone have tips to slim down/tone up butt/thighs/hips at home? Starting today I decided no more soda or sugary drinks.   I hadn't considered losing weight, but tried my dress on yesterday for the first time and am a bit nervous - it felt awfully snug in the butt/hip area.    I do have a gym membership that I never use, and with commuting to work I just don't have a lot of time to go.  I'm going to start making an effort to go at least 1 or 2 times a week, but I know ill have more luck if I figure out something I can do at home. 
  • @jenni1221 Try squats, jumping jacks, lunges, high-knee marches, running in place... There are floor exercises to do, too, I just can't remember them off the top of my head. If you google/Pinterest it, you'll find a tonne of stuff!

• what's the 30day arm challenge?? I so have flabby arms (in my opinion!lol)
    I just finished an ab challenge that had planks and my dog did this to me every time! LOL It's a good thing I love her :)
  • @jenni1221

I also gave up soda recently (though I feel pff the wagon the last two days cause of my sore throat) that said, after about the first week without it I actually felt better, so when the cravings kick in, stay strong! And, if you do cave one time and have a drink, don't give up. A slip up here and there is okay, and the important thing is to not give up. Good luck!

Anniversary
  • One thing I've been reading is to start drinking green tea. It can help with tons of things like acne, lowering cholesterol, helping immune and respiratory systems, help with digestion. But it can also help with weight loss. I drink a cup every morning instead of coffe (it does have caffeine, thank goodness). I've also read that drinking a cup within a half hour of waking up can help rev up metabolism for the day :)
  • One thing I've been reading is to start drinking green tea. It can help with tons of things like acne, lowering cholesterol, helping immune and respiratory systems, help with digestion. But it can also help with weight loss. I drink a cup every morning instead of coffe (it does have caffeine, thank goodness). I've also read that drinking a cup within a half hour of waking up can help rev up metabolism for the day :)
    Do you know if they have green tea that doesn't have caffeine? I don't drink caffeine at all, but I would be interested in trying green tea if it helps with all those things.
  • Yes they do. I know at least the Bigelow brand does. They may even have an organic caffeine free kind. And I believe most stores carry Bigelow brand. Otherwise I'm sure actual tea shops have different varieties as well! :)
  • Soooo, I was lazy and slacked off yesterday because it was my ONLY day off for the entire holiday season (including Christmas and Boxing Day, which were WFH days) and didn't work out at all :(

Butttttttttttt... I made up for it today by doing the 30 day arms and 30 day abs/legs, plus some added arms exercises with free weights, a plank, and 5.6K on the elliptical at a fairly brisk (read: faster than moderate) pace. Not bad for my first day back at it in months!

• @pumpkinsandturkeys Can you share the ab one?

I skipped yesterday too. It was my FI's first day off in months (excluding Christmas) and we went out to celebrate getting married this year! Today I did yesterday's arms plus ran a mile.

• I think I want to do this 'guns, buns, and abs' challenge next (for February). It's a little more advanced than the current ones I'm doing (ie: starts with more squats), but it's still pretty straightforward.

• I'm an officially starting my new work out routine on Monday! At my work there is a wellness center that we have free access to and they offer a bunch of fitness classes as well as having the cardio and weight machines. So I will be taking pilates, sculpt yoga, and maybe a cycling class in addition to using the elliptical and AMT machines and working with the exercise ball and resistant band. I am mostly hoping to tone but would love to lose 15lbs in the process! Now I just have to stick to it :/
  • not only did I do the 30 day arms (for yesterday and today) I also shoveled snow today, which according to myfitnesspal burns 192 calories lol (and hopefully added to more arm muscles lol)
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • not only did I do the 30 day arms (for yesterday and today) I also shoveled snow today, which according to myfitnesspal burns 192 calories lol (and hopefully added to more arm muscles lol)
    Anniversary

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited January 2014
    Wine > Workouts tonight. Sigh.

I had a shitty ass day. My pregnant bestie is in the hospital; my #1 fave work husband had his last day today (*tear*) and Monday is going to be really weird without him; and it's really freaking cold (-38 with windchill) and we're expecting up to 20cm more of snow by the end of the weekend.

Allllllllllllllllllllllllllll the wine.

ETA: Also, my hip is effing killing me today. Surgery cannot come fast enough. And sorry for the bitchfest.

• Love this! Thank you for the workouts @pumpkinsandturkeys. I just joined the gym tonight and I have pinned those workouts also :) Stay motivated ladies! A little over a hundred days to go for all of us!!
  • Okay, even though the 30 day arm challenge was posted by me, I didn't do it because FI was in the hospital and only came home yesterday.  Call me crazy, but I'm not doing push-ups or planks on a hospital floor.  I'm not a germaphobe but that doesn't sound like a good plan to me lol.  So I started some arm workouts of my own today using 5lb weights.  I figured I did good since my arms were shaking by the time I was done lol.  I did 4 different exercises doing 10 reps each, and tomorrow I'm shooting for doing 15 reps each! :D  Also I haven't had soda in quite a long time and I'm doing my absolute best to keep it going!  However, I'm not giving up my coffee!!! (takes sip from cup sitting next to her).  I will however try to drink some of the tea at night.  I'll see if I can find a decaff version.  Keep it up ladies!  We are all doing so well!!
    Anniversary
  • Well, I've lost about 5 pounds since Christmas! 

I'd like to think it's some of the total I'd like to lose for my dress.... but I'm pretty sure it's all Holiday weight. *Sigh* But still... making me feel pretty good! :)
  • edited January 2014
    Self promotion isn't allowed on the boards. @knotporscha

• @sarahsmiles326 Where did someone promote themselves in this thread?

• Half marathon training is officially in gear. Have one March 9th and April 27th. I'm balancing running with yoga 1-2 times a week and p90x routines. Bring it on, wedding!
  • Hello all, I'm new to the May 2014 board (@pumpkinsandturkeys brought me over from the regular boards! Thanks!) and I SO need to get back into shape. I'm gonna be coaching for a HS Women's Lacrosse team so hopefully that should help.

Two things, if you're looking for good workouts I'd recommend the Back on Pointe tumblr, it's run by a girl who makes some really awesome routines to do. They were great for when I was in college and needed to do workouts without any equipment.

Also, is there a Fitocracy group for The Knot brides or anyone? :)
    Anniversary
  • @Klc09d -- I've never used Fitocracy, but I'm loving the idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards