May 2014 Weddings

Fit and Fabulous!

2»

Re: Fit and Fabulous!

• @pumpkinsandturkeys -- I absolutely love it! It's one of the ways I keep myself on track with working out...you get points for workouts and you can "level up" and do Challenges. It's really cool.

If anyone uses Fitocracy, I would love to either join or make a group for us! In the group we can chat as well! Haha
    Anniversary
  • @Klc09d I think that's a great way to motivate each other and also hold ourselves accountable!

I just joined :)

• @pumkpinsandturkeys YAY that's so awesome! I just PM'ed you my Fitocracy Profile name, I'd love to be your first "friend" :)
    Anniversary
  • Alright, who has been keeping up with keeping fit??

I've slipped up here and there, but I'm slooooowly making progress. With only 4 months to go, I'm realizing I need to get it together and get serious!

• I've actually been very determined (which is nothing LIKE me). Keeping a food diary, becoming ADDICTED (literally) to Zumba, and having my FI become my gym buddy has definitely helped! I have lost 13 pounds since Christmas. I'd still like to lost another 10 pounds before my fitting in March :/
  • @kellibastien That's fantastic! I'm hoping to lose another 15 by April, so that I have time for any last-minute alterations. It's mostly toning that I need to do, and I'd love to go down one more dress size.

• I've been working out 5 days a week. I've been doing that for awhile though. I haven't been losing any weight (my body hates me), but I took my measurements this morning and I lost 2 inches in my hips. So yay finally some progress :)

My arms are definitely getting more toned too. I'm still doing the 30 day arm challenge and I posted in that thread about how I can do real push ups now instead of girl push ups. 
  • You can do it @pumpkinsandturkeys! :)

That's awesome @tammym1001! It's such a great feeling when you can see and feel the work you do pay off!
  • I haven't posted on this particular thread yet, but I just wanted to say I weighed-in today, and I've lost 10 lbs since January 1st! All I've been doing is counting calories, and working out on the weekends. Obviously, I need to work out more, because it's not just about losing weight, but I felt really good this morning when I saw that number on the scale.
  • I currently have a cold, so boo to that. Definitely off the workout regime this week :(

• I'm with you pumpkin! I've had a cold for like 4 days now, and it totally threw off my workout schedule :( Motivation to work twice as hard once I'm healthy again, though!
  • here's a lil fitness giveaway I just saw on Style Me Pretty's facebook...I know some of us have past the 100 day mark already but it still sounds cool if you need some help and it doesn't hurt to enter and try your luck :)http://www.stylemepretty.com/2014/02/08/smp-welcomes-our-advertisers-15/#comment-746516
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • May 24th brides are 100 days TODAY! :D

• I've been coaching my old high school women's (girl's?) lacrosse team for about 3 weeks now and I can already tell and feel a difference! I do all the drills along with them (except for scrimmaging!) and it's been super awesome. I'm up to 25 pushups without stopping, and even my mom's commented that I look more "sucked in" (aka not lost weight, just toned up) and that even my face looks thinner (I suffer from "big cheeks syndrome").

Keep at it ladies! I'm super proud of all of us. We're awesome!
    Anniversary
  • The guy came and put my new elliptical together today finally so hopefully that will help get rid of this last 10 lbs. :) 

Keep up the great work ladies!!!
  • I've definitely fallen off track here the last few weeks. I've done basically NO exercise. And I've really not cared what I've been eating. Ugh. I hate myself! Work has been HORRIBLE these last 2-3 weeks. I've found myself drinking a LOT more wine... which isn't helping. I've been more stressed than ever. 

BUT tomorrow is the start of a brand new week. Perfect time to get back at it!

:/
  • I've definitely fallen off track here the last few weeks. I've done basically NO exercise. And I've really not cared what I've been eating. Ugh. I hate myself! Work has been HORRIBLE these last 2-3 weeks. I've found myself drinking a LOT more wine... which isn't helping. I've been more stressed than ever. 

BUT tomorrow is the start of a brand new week. Perfect time to get back at it!

:/
    This is me. Exactly. Sigh.

• vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2014
    I have not had time to do anything but finally got my butt to the gym last night...motivation was my dress shop calling me to schedule my fitting!  It was a bit snug in the butt when I tried it on...eek
  • I'm being good again! I've worked out two days in a row!

I'm finding that if I do it right when I get home from work, before I sit down anywhere, then I don't make excuses or lose time.

Yesterday was a wimpy workout -- only 2km on the elliptical, but a fair amount of arm/shoulder exercises and some squats.

Today, I did 6km at a fairly good pace, some core work, and a little more arms/shoulders.

I can also touch my toes now! (I've never been able to do this. Ever.)

• Hello all, I'm a May 10th bride and I'm wondering if anyone else here is a stress eater? I've been engaged since February 2013 and started taking my workouts and diet seriously after we got engaged. I was in the best shape of my life last summer, exactly where I wanted to be. Well, since I started my senior year of college, the wedding is slowly creeping up and planning is more demanding, and my grandmother passed away last week, all I want to do is eat to ease my stress. Anything and everything, just eat!

Is there anything anyone does to keep from stress eating? I'm realllyyyy struggling right now! My dress hasn't come in yet, and I'm wanting to be at my trimmest when it does so alterations can be made from where I'm at then instead of saying "Oh, I'll lose five more pounds before the big day so just take it in a little more."
  • sgarmand said:
    Hello all, I'm a May 10th bride and I'm wondering if anyone else here is a stress eater? I've been engaged since February 2013 and started taking my workouts and diet seriously after we got engaged. I was in the best shape of my life last summer, exactly where I wanted to be. Well, since I started my senior year of college, the wedding is slowly creeping up and planning is more demanding, and my grandmother passed away last week, all I want to do is eat to ease my stress. Anything and everything, just eat!

Is there anything anyone does to keep from stress eating? I'm realllyyyy struggling right now! My dress hasn't come in yet, and I'm wanting to be at my trimmest when it does so alterations can be made from where I'm at then instead of saying "Oh, I'll lose five more pounds before the big day so just take it in a little more."
    Sorry to heat about your loss. I think it helps to have a dialogue in your head about your eating. This might sound dumb but if you tell yourself "No, I'm just hungry because I'm stressed, those cookies won't help" it really helps. It's not as looney as talking out loud to yourself (but if that works, go for it) but it helps you realize that you are accountable for your actions. If you argue with yourself of have to give yourself reasons for caving, it's because you feel guilty and shouldn't be doing it.

Keep some healthy snacks around and eat those when you need to. Stop buying junky food too, and make rules for eating out (can only get Starbucks 1x per week, can only eat XXX on Fridays, etc.). Lent is a great time for me to say "No fast food until Easter" and I stick to it. I also know a lot of non-Catholics that make a Lenten promise (call it a Bridal promise). FI and I have taken to saying that if something is unhealthy, it's not Weddie Ready :)
  • sgarmand said:
    Hello all, I'm a May 10th bride and I'm wondering if anyone else here is a stress eater? I've been engaged since February 2013 and started taking my workouts and diet seriously after we got engaged. I was in the best shape of my life last summer, exactly where I wanted to be. Well, since I started my senior year of college, the wedding is slowly creeping up and planning is more demanding, and my grandmother passed away last week, all I want to do is eat to ease my stress. Anything and everything, just eat!

I am the same way! when my grandmother passed away last January I just wanted to curl up and eat everything. I am sorry for your loss and I know that time can help but it still creeps up on you...

Our wedding is also May 10 and I've repalced the want for anything sweet with a cup of hot tea with honey. If it is just too difficult to say no then I recommend adding more cardio into your exercise routine. there are some days that are always harder than others so I just do an extra 15 minutes on the track or pick up an extra kickboxing class that week. Do anything to keep your mind off food!

It'll be worth it when you fit perfectly in your dress! My daily reminder is "Sweating for the Wedding!"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards