Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Having a Spring tea reception... any menu ideas?

I'm having a tea time/lunch reception in May and I'm looking for some good menu ideas that are tea party inspired other than cucumber sandwiches and scones. Any thoughts?

Re: Having a Spring tea reception... any menu ideas?

• Petite rosemary lamb chops, small salads or cups of soup, chicken salad with cranberries & almonds on a toasted baguette....
    All of those are things i've had at my local tea shop during their luncheons. If you have a tea shop near you check out their menu for inspiration
  • Thank you!
  • Petit fours are very cute and can serve as edible favors as well.  You can make them in many flavors and arrange them on nice dessert trays on each table, or put them in little boxes for the guests to take with them. 

For the "main dish" at teas, I've had small pieces of  kobe beef with herb cream on crostinis, any kind of sandwich on a small scale (tuna, egg salad, ham, lobster, chicken salad, etc.), and Italian cured meats with fresh mozzarella on small Italian bread.  As long as it can be eaten cleanly and easily by your guests (small sizes, no messy sauces), you should be fine.   

Hope that helps! 

• Yum. That is all!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cookies would be good too, IMO.
  • Cucumber sandwiches, of course! :) Sorbet. Ceviche is very bright flavors. Olive, cherry tomato, basil, and feta salad. Lemon bars.
  • Some chilled soup shooters might work well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards