Snarky Brides

Awesome bride and compliments!

Went to a college friend's wedding over the weekend. A few glitches beyond her control made me side eye her vendors, but she was absolutely wonderful! I've been dealing with nerve problems with my leg, and told her a week or so before the wedding that I was sorry, but would not be able to dance with her as promised (I used to teach swing dancing). Her immediate response was to call and ask if I needed any assistance or accommodation at the ceremony or reception venue. I reassured her I could get in and out just fine, I'd simply be sitting most of the reception.

At Rehersal dinner, she went nuts as she hadn't seen me in 4 years, during which time I learned how to use a straightening iron on my super curly hair, complimenting me on how lovely it looked and asking me to do hers (joking of course). Best comment from her- she asked who did the calligraphy on my invitations, and when I told her it was me using a calligraphy for dummies book, started gushing about how great it looked!

I was of course a gracious guest and complimenting her and how wonderful she looked (she was a beautiful bride, didn't make up a thing!), but I hope I'm as awesome as she was in a few months when it's my turn and remember how to be so nice to everyone instead of stressing and going crazy!

Re: Awesome bride and compliments!

• She sounds like a lovely person and someone who puts people before her "speshul day." It is those brides who DO ooze kindness and concern for others and receive great joy from their wedding.  She sounds awesome.
  • Yay for good people!!
    A few years ago I had just gone through a break up and my friend said that since I wasn't going to know anyone at her wedding that I was more than welcome to bring a girlfriend along. That was really nice, and the bride even spent a few minutes talking to us and introducing herself. Most people wouldn't waste their time at their wedding meeting someone new but to this day whenever we get together she asks "How's your friend, Shannon doing?" So nice! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards