Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

What's your beauty regimen??

Being a slovenly grad student, I dont really take care of my hair/skin/etc.  But with the wedding coming up, along with my inevitable entrance into the real world, I'm wondering - what's your beauty regimen/what products do you use to keep your hair/skin/etc looking good??

I've started using a moroccan oil conditioner in my hair every other day.  And 1/week after swimming, I use Nexxus deep conditioner.  It seems to be making my hair softer, but I'm only one week in.

I wash my face everyday with a clinique product, but that's it.  My skin gets really dry in the winter, so im going to have to add a face moisturizer I think.  And I wear no makeup, unless I'm going out with friends.

what stuff do you use?? what works well??

Re: What's your beauty regimen??

• Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am with you.  I don't wear makeup unless we are going out...and even then, it has to be something special.  I do try to take care of my face though.
    Here is what I use:
    Cleanser : Lancome Mousse Radiance
    Toner: Lancome Tonique Radiance
    Moisturizer:  Day - I used to use Lancome Pur Focus.  It was an oily control lotion but they discontinued it...boo!!!  I loved it!!!  I have been using Origins Zero Oil. I really am not thrilled with it.  Thinking about switching to MAC Oil Control Lotion.  I get super oily in my t-zone during the day.  At night, I use Origins Night a Mins.  It is a little thicker, has more moisture and smells fabulous.

For acne spots: Mary Kay Acne Spot Treatment...fabulous!!
    Mask: Origins Clay Mask...(not sure the exact name.  It is black)

I have had a lot of fun playing with makeup for my trial lately.  Not sure if I will wear it to work, but will probably start wearing more when we go out.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh....for my hair...I switch around a lot.  The key for me is not washing my hair every day.  It makes a huge difference Smile

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try using Argan Oil for your face. Its the same oil as Morroccan oil- its good for all skin types and its great for wrinkle prevention. Since I have been using it, my skin is clearer and I dont need to wear any makeup!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    huh, I never heard of Argan oil for the face, that's interesting!

Janice, I also only wash my hair every other day...it is amazing how much that helped my hair!
  • edited December 2011
    Face-Clinique three step level 3 stuff everyday with the gel lotion
             2-3 times a week I use clinique sparkle skin to exfoliate
    Hair-Matrix Essentials Amplify shampoo every other day.  It's expensive, but well worth it--I have baby fine hair and it gives me volume.
    Make-up--Clinique or Nutrogena foundation (in the palest color available), clinique all-over color as blush, and what ever free bonus stuff for eyes...I have't bought a tube of mascara in years...

I'm pretty much a clinique junkie--I'm allergic to covergirl make-up.  Nutrogena would be my next choice b/c it doesn't make my skin feel scaly...
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards