South Dakota
Options

Looking for unique reception idea? We are selling our Photo Wall!

We are selling our wedding photo wall that was personally created with the help of a few very talented friends. We are asking for $125.

We used a 4x8 sheet of plywood ($20), and used vintage-looking wallpaper from Sherwin Williams ($75). We cut out holes for the frames using a saw, wallpapered the wall, and nailed in three large frames- one vintage one from the Brass Armadillo antique store in Des Moines ($30), and two from Hobby Lobby ($25/a piece). I bought other frames from HL (not included) and filled the rest of the board with vintage pictures of family. It took many hours to make and was a little difficult with the wallpapering and sawing (especially if you're not crafty- that's why you need talented friends!), but totally worth it. Next to the wedding wall we had a sign that said, "Join our Family History." All of our guests hopped in the photo wall during the cocktail hour (actually, all throughout the night!) and took pictures, popping in their faces in the frames and being silly. It was great. We had it set up near the entryway into the ballroom at Minervas. We hung it from the ceiling with wire, but it also has a wooden base so it can stand up by itself. Everyone had a blast and commented on how unique it was! The pictures we have are priceless. I love the wall, but now it's just filling up space in my mother-in-law's basement. We can transport it to Vermillion, SD, or somewhere in Yankton, SD; otherwise it can be picked up in Yankton, SD. Photos available upon request. E-mail me mlrydell@gmail.com

Let me know if you're interested!

Re: Looking for unique reception idea? We are selling our Photo Wall!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards