Favors

Excited for our Olive Oil Favors!

We went to a friends wedding that had balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a pair as a favor and loved it. They were so popular that people were taking the extra ones off of the tables from people who left before the favors were put out.

So we decided to go with flavored olive oils as our favors, since a good portion of our family doesn't drink, there will be children in attendance, and we wanted something edible that everyone can have. My grandma offered to make Kahlua favors which was very sweet of her, but we didn't want the non-drinking guests to be left out/have to order two different favors.

We haven't decided which flavor yet but probably the lemon is what we'll go with since my fiance' LOVES lemon things.

I just wanted to share the favors in case anyone is looking for olive oil favors that look pretty too:
https://shop.roundpond.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=view&category_id=39

Hopefully these are a "good" favor and people don't think they are no good...so far everyone we've asked has seemed genuinely excited about it [of course I doubt they would tell us if they thought they were a terrible idea since they wouldn't want to be rude! lol.]
Do they seem like something people will be happy to get? Or would you think wtf is wrong with these people why did they give us these?

I've gotten plenty of terrible favors, so I would rather know if mine are going to suck so I don't give out terrible favors! The worst ones I've gotten were a cd of the bride and grooms favorite songs...it was just awkward to listen to because I had no connection to the songs personally. Candles. Jordan Almonds. Bubbles.

Re: Excited for our Olive Oil Favors!

• I think it's great!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Sounds delicious!! 

I actually went to a dinner party that gave olive oil out as "favors" - they served the oil with bread as an appetizer. It was neat to get to taste the oil and then take some home. 
  • PDKH said:
    Sounds delicious!! 

I actually went to a dinner party that gave olive oil out as "favors" - they served the oil with bread as an appetizer. It was neat to get to taste the oil and then take some home. 
    That's what our friends did at their wedding, they served bread and butter and on the table were the same balsamic and oil that the favor was. We totally thought this was a great idea! I want to email the chef and ask if we can have bread at our reception, since it wasn't on the menu there.
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    I'm always honest on my favor opinions......this is one that I would love!  Preferably the garlic one!
  • I think this is a great favor.

Anniversary
  • I would totally order one a few different kinds, then try them, then pick your favorite to give out. It could be a fun taste test!
  • kgd7357 said:
    I would totally order one a few different kinds, then try them, then pick your favorite to give out. It could be a fun taste test!
    Yay I'm glad people are excited about them too! We are doing exactly that actually. We got the Orange, the Lemon and the Rosemary to try out. They should get here on Tuesday, so that should be fun to get to try out! I'm also curious how the bottles look in person.
  • I got a lemon oil as a gift the other year and it was awesome.  I had never tried a lemon oil before and it was a cool new thing to get as a gift so I think it will go over very well as a favor.  Rosemary and orange also sound like nice options but I think it may be hard to top the lemon.
  • LOVVVVVVE this idea. Although I'd probably keep them all for myself. I'm a little bit obsessed with balsamic vinegar.

• We went to Round Pond when we were took a vacation to Napa in 2008 LOVE their stuff wine and all and their estate is awesome. I wish we had a budget for these!
  • CaliMel11CaliMel11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2014
    Just as an update, we ended up using these in the Meyer Lemon flavor. All three flavors we got were super good, but husband loves Lemon stuff, so we thought it was a nice way to make it relevant to us. Plus we liked how that one tasted the best.

I ordered stickers from Zazzle to place on them, the olive oils come with a tag on them tied with ivory raffia, so the label we used had an ivory colored background that matched it perfectly and tied it all together. http://www.zazzle.com/aqua_ivory_damask_round_wedding_labels_sticker-2179466311309528044

They looked beautiful on the tables, and everyone loved them. We literally had none left at all when we picked up our stuff the next day from the Winery and had a couple people tell us that they stole extras because they wanted them so badly.
    One of our friends said she cooked with it the next day when they made dinner, so that was pretty awesome to hear too!

They were on the more expensive side, but the lady at Round Pond who helped us was extremely nice and gave us the wine club discount since we were ordering such a large amount of them.

I definitely recommend them! We originally were stuck on what to do for favors and these ended up being way better than we imagined.
  • Glad to hear they went over well!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards