South Dakota

Invites

I'm really torn on attempting do DIY my own invites or just ordering.  It would be probably close to $300 dollars cheaper if I do them myself, but I just don't want them to look like Crap!    I think I might try a few and see how they come out.  What route have you gals taken?   

Re: Invites

• edited December 2011
    www.cardsandpockets.com has great paper selection, I did 170 pocket invites for about $335.00 which was the mailing envelope, pocket, invite, reception card and rsvp card. I found a site that averaged $13 per pocket invite for theirs and made mine look like theirs for less than $2. Can't beat that. You can order samples of things to make sure the colors, paper, etc is right.I think the paper quality makes a big difference between having an invite that looks/feels like a cheap DIY, and one that does not.
  • edited December 2011
    I found mine on Etsy http://www.etsy.comMon Cher Designs was the shop I found.For $175 I got 75 BEAUTIFUL invitations, RSVP cards, envelopes for both with our return address already printed on them.Then I went out to a card stock dealer and found copper metallic Pocketfold invitation holders(the sames ones they use) for 45% cheaper. All totaled I spent $250 on them and they were jaw dropping amazing! Add some hot glue gun wax seals from www.nostalgicimpressions.com and I had the perfect Medieval/Modern wedding invitations. My guests are loving them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards