South Dakota
Options

**Questions**

Hey Everyone,New to the boards here and wanted to get some topics going. Just a few questions for everyone to get to know each other...(sorry if this has already been done)1. Engagement Date?2. Wedding date & how/why did you chose that date?3. Wedding colors?4. Ceremony Site?5. Reception Site?6. Photographer?7. DJ?8. Flowers?9. Any cute or unique ideas you may be doing?

Re: **Questions**

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll Start :) 1. July 3rd, 20092. July 3rd, 2010....it will be exactly 1 year from engagement date3. Black and Bright Pink with Orange Accents4. St. Katharine Drexel Catholic Church--Sioux Falls5. Holiday Inn Express --Brandon6. Lee Petersen Photography (personal friend does amazing photography..if you don't have a photographer look up his page on facebook...prices are super reasonable!)7. Energy Productions8. Stargazer Lily (Pink), Mini Calla Lily (Orange), Orchid (White).9. Not sure yet there are a few things I wanted to do...I know it's been common lately but instead of cakes doing cupcakes or cheesecake? We've also been talking about doing the "Evolution of Dance" for our first dance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lisa... welcome!1.  Our engagment date was May 26th-ish...?2.  We are getting married on Nov. 7th, 2009 because we both LOVE fall and the weather.3.  Browns and Creams with accents of burnt orange4.  Getting married and having reception at El Riad Shrine.5.  (Above)6.  We are happy to have Wilcoxon Photography!7.  DJ Jer will be keeping us hoppin'8.  Minimal flowers and more branches/trees...flowers for bouquets with hydrangea, tulip, anemone and... hmm I don't remember.9.  Our reception has a sports theme... more like an undertone.  We are doing jerseys for guest books, our four tier cake is Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, and Duke Coach K Court, our invitations are tickets...-Emma
    Actively TTC since 01/11
    Me: Dx w/ IR PCOS 06/12 DH: SA all clear; looking good
    Started 2000 metformin
    06/12- 50 mg Clomid + TI + BFN
    07/12 - 50 mg Clomid + Polly the Polyp = cancelled cycle
    08/12 - eviction notice to Polly (hysteroscopy) + D&C = sparkly ute
    Provera to start cycle
    09/12 - 2.5 mg Femara + trigger + TI = BFN
    10/12 - 2.5 mg Femara + trigger + TI + progesterone supp = BFN
    11/12 - 5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI + progesterone supp = BFN
    Surprise BFP 12/19/12 MC @ 5w4d methotrexate 01/13
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Engaged: Feb 13th, 20092. Wedding: Dec 12th, 2009  Only day available at my church during the Christmas season.3. Classic Green, red, silver & black4. First Lutheran Church, Downtown, Sioux Falls5. Old Courthouse Museum Downtown6. Perfect Moments photography7. SD symphony quartet8. Epitome(a bit o me)9. most of the wedding
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. October 12, 20082. February 6, 2010.  I was supposed to be finished with grad school, but now I'm getting another degree.  We were going to do Presidents Day Weekend, but that is after the begining of lent.  I didn't want Valentine's Day, so the week before it is.3. Navy, Lime green (true lime green, like charteuse) and ivory4. Gloria Dei Lutheran5. Chef Dominique's6. I'm looking at a couple out of Omaha7. BPM Productions (or at least that is close)8. Pat Gustaf9. I'm making ribbon pomanders.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Engagement Date?  Nov. 14, 20082. Wedding date & how/why did you chose that date? May 22, 2010, we couldn't 'crowd' his brothers wedding date this fall and I didn't want it in the cold winter - I love spring!3. Wedding colors? Clover Green & Yellow4. Ceremony Site?  Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Sioux City, IA5. Reception Site? Marina Inn6. Photographer?  Iconic Photgoraphy (Jeff Pope) from Omaha - I'm SO pumped we went with him.  Our engagement photos were amazing!7. DJ?  Mr. Tunes out of Sioux City, IA8. Flowers? Not too sure yet.  Possibly Yellow roses and some white and yellow peonies9. Any cute or unique ideas you may be doing?  Wearing yellow shoes and my FI will be wearing yellow socks.  I think my BM's have decided to get green shoes so I will get the Groomsmen green socks as well! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Feb. 14th 20092. September 3rd 2010. FI is overseas until April 2010 and we wanted a little bit of time to plan the wedding together3. No idea on colors...teal and brown?4. Montrose, SD5. Holiday Inn Express, Brandon6. Coworker7. No idea yet8. Again, no idea. I am not big on flowers so i am clueless9. Though about doing a wedding wishing tree but we will see.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. December 19, 2009 2. September 11, 2010( My brothers are overseas) 3. Black/White with green accents 4. McKennan Park---if we're lucky! 5. Museum of Visual Materials-Downtown SF 6. Friend of the Couple 7. ?? 8. Baby's Breath/Queen Anne's Lace (vintage theme) 9. Black & White Photos of all past family weddings (grandparents, parents, great-grandparents, etc.) as part of our decor... Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Engagement Date: September 19, 2008--My Birthday 2. Wedding Date: June 11, 2010. Such a long engagement! I am currently in Minneapolis for graduate school so we had to wait until I was done and moved back to SD (in December) and we both wanted a summer wedding. 3. Dark purple (eggplant-ish), chocolate brown, and ivory4. Ceremony Site: Holy Spirit Catholic Church--Sioux Falls5. Reception Site: Holiday Inn City Centre--downtown SF6. Photographer: We just booked Studio Blu...a definite splurge for us but I am so excited!!! 7. DJ: Don't know yet! I have looked into BPM productions and have heard great things about DJ Jer...I would love any suggestions! (Anyone know the price range for DJ Jer?)8. Flowers: Haven't even met with a florist but I would love dark purple calla lillies for my bouquet and ivory callas for the bridesmaids. I'm thinking these may be out of our buget however. 9. I have a whole bunch lined up...pretty much all DIY. We are planning to use relative's wedding pictures also...our grandparents and parents for on the guest book table.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. November 17, 20082. Las Vegas: The city where it happened and a year after the proposal3. Peach roses and navy blue4. Excalibur Hotel - The Canterbury Chapel5. View 34 Restaurant in Pierre, SD6. Haven't settled on one yet7. Jake Hill (a.k.a. DJ Stylus) from BPM DJ Productions8. Peach and cream roses with blue delphinuim9. It's all going to be medieval/renaissance-themed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey, Well He proposed 11/13/2010 which is his birthday. Were planning a wedding for June 9,2012; we choosed that date because the numbers are all factors of 3 (3 &13 are our lucky numbers because he asked me out and proposed to me on a 13th day and the promising ring I recieved has 3 diamonds on it and my wedding ring also has 13 diamonds) June is also my grandmother birthday month. We have decided on yellows, oranges, and reddish/pinks. We decided on the Watertown Event Center for our Reception site, still working on a ceremony cite! Jocelyn Photography in Watertown. Energy Productions for our DJ/lighting. and FLowers...still deciding. Thinking about doing something in honor of our families since we both come from quite large families.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards