South Dakota
Options

Who's all on here?

Okay, so this board is DEAD! Are there any girls around here? If so, we should really get this board going and help each other out with ideas since we're all in the same area. So, what are all the details of you wedding? Anything pros/cons of vendors you have to share?

Re: Who's all on here?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay so I'll start. My name is Lisa, I live in Sioux Falls (orginally from Salem). I'm getting married July 3rd, 2010 at St. Katharine Drexel Catholic Church with the reception at the Holiday Inn Express in Brandon. My colors are black, hot pink, with orange accents. My photographer is Lee Petersen of Lee Petersen Photography (personal friend), DJ is Energy Productions, got my attire and Groom/Gm's from Lasting Impressions and the BM's dresses from David's Bridal. I'm DIY for my flowers which are pink stargazer lilies, orange calla lilies, and white orchids (i think they're phelanopsis--sp?). I got my STD's from magnet street and they were really reasonable priced and turned out amazing. Not sure where I'm getting invites from yet...any ideas?So for vendors in the area....I HATE David's bridal. They were incredibly rude to me when I was there and I'm mad that my BM's are getting their dresses there but I loved them so we're just dealing with it. Dakota Entertainment-- I've heard great things about them but it took them over 2 weeks to return my phone call...not okay with me. I've also heard really bad things about WOW entertainment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello! Our wedding is November 6, 2010. Being that is over a year away we do not have a lot figured out yet. We are having the reception at the Museum of Visual Materials which is amazing. Probably going to have Chef Dominque but not completely sure. I have been trying to look for the cheapest way to do invites since they just get thrown away. I think we are going the DIY route and keep it simple. Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies, My name is Emma and my fiance, Roger, and I live in Sioux Falls.  Our wedding will be on Nov. 7th, 2009 and colors are creams, browns, and accents of orange.  We are unconventional and having a bit of a sports theme as well.  We got our "invites" from ticketprinting . com and they are just like sports tickets.  I got my dress, bm dresses, and tuxes from Katheryn's Bridal which is now Bridal Gallery.  They have been so helpful and the gals who work there are fantastic!  Our dj is DJ Jer.  He has been super to work with so far.  He was pretty spendy but ultimately, we wanna dance and have fun so we paid a little more.  Our ceremony and reception will all be held at El Riad Shrine.  Susan from QT Cakes will be making our cake... she is fun and rather well priced!  Our florist is Gustaf's Greenery.  We would go with no other as the people that work there are fantastic and it's a small Sioux Falls business run by some family oriented people... we are very happy with the beautiful work they do!  Our photographer is Josh Wilcoxon of Wilcoxon Photography who does amazing work!  If anyone needs information on him, he is super well priced and his photos speak for themselves!  Angelique with Platinum Imagination will be doing hair/makeup for me and the girls.  She is so talented and can turn this rock into a diamond (if only for a day!)  And last, but certainly NOT LEAST, our travel agent, Faye, with Travel Leaders, has been our family agent for years and she always puts a great package together and keeps us jet settin'!The people I've had trouble with have been:  WOW Entertainment-they sent me a price list one month that was X price.  Then I called to get more info and didn't get a return call until a few months later, AFTER their price list had gone up for the new year.  The other one that I've not had luck with is Accent Rentals.  I have emailed a dozen or so times and called three times and they are not good at contacting back.  You'd think people would want the business...?  I was not a superfan of French Door.  Snobby and rude.  'nuf said!HTH!  Good luck planning ladies!
    Actively TTC since 01/11
    Me: Dx w/ IR PCOS 06/12 DH: SA all clear; looking good
    Started 2000 metformin
    06/12- 50 mg Clomid + TI + BFN
    07/12 - 50 mg Clomid + Polly the Polyp = cancelled cycle
    08/12 - eviction notice to Polly (hysteroscopy) + D&C = sparkly ute
    Provera to start cycle
    09/12 - 2.5 mg Femara + trigger + TI = BFN
    10/12 - 2.5 mg Femara + trigger + TI + progesterone supp = BFN
    11/12 - 5 mg Femara + trigger + IUI + progesterone supp = BFN
    Surprise BFP 12/19/12 MC @ 5w4d methotrexate 01/13
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Call on starting something here! I am getting married 5/22/10 with yellow and green as colors!I live in SF but am getting married in Sioux City, so it makes it a little harder to have reviews on my vendors.DJ - Mobile DJ out of Sioux City - Have heard good reviews and have been awesome to work with!Photographer - Iconic Photography out of Omaha, NE.  It is far from SF, but he is AMAZING and decently priced & he give you a CD with full copyrights after the wedding, which was very important to me!Flowers - Flowers by Jan out of Hawarden, IA. This is a shop out of my hometown that is only 50 miles from Sioux Falls, so she would deliver for anyone else up here.  She is a small town business so it makes her prices amazing and her quality/service amazing as well!!!For my decorations/rentals and invitations I will be going through Envision Wedding Studio.  Leah and Karina are AMAZING there!!!  They can make something so amazing out of nothing and I have full trust in them, they are doing day of set up for me as well! Maybe I'm a little biased b/c I work there part time, but seriously, they are amazing!Cake - Cakes by Monica out of Vermillion.  This lady can make a mean cake and I'm pumped she is doing mine!I got my dress and BM dresses at French Door, I have heard bad things but I had a wonderful experience in there with my consultants (Theresa & Megan).  I will NOT be doing my alterations there though, I heard they were outrageous!! I have a friend who does them out of her home if any one is interested let me know, thats who I will be going with!I haven't really had any bad experiences with vendors, I just did my research and asked around for recommendations.  I asked my venue (Marina Inn) who they recommended for a few things, and thats how I got my DJ.   Good luck to Everyone!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards