April 2014 Weddings
Options

dj rates

What is considered a normal budget for a dj for someone trying to save? Im TRYING to do the whole thing under 6000.

Re: dj rates

• Options
    DJ rates can vary by location.  I would try the local boards.  In Jersey, most DJs I looked at were around $2000.  We found one for $1500 and they came highly recommended by a few fellow knotties in my area.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah its definitely regional and it will depend on what your package includes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    6,000.00? I'm going for the expensive DJ I loved and going a little over my budget and he's 1,495. 6k could get you a DJ, a band and probably a violinist for cocktail hour. Also, I'm in North Jersey where 50k wedding budgets are average, not over the top because everything is so expensive here.
  • Options
    We got our DJ for 5 hours, plus we added a photobooth, mics for the ceremony/sound for the ceremony and reception, and event lighting and our total was 2900 for everything!
    So you should definitely be able to get a dj for under 6k!

I'm also in an area where weddings are pretty expensive, and this vendor we are using is definitely one of the "higher end ones" and considered more expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards