Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Tango... How awkward, do you think?

So, FI and I really like tango *dances* and are hoping to learn it for a dance of ours. However, I'm not really sold on tango music. At first I was looking for songs that could be danced to in a tango type fashion, but...

Okay, Masochism Tango by Tom Lehrer is probably one of my favorite songs, and definitely one of my favorite artists. FI also loves it.

How awkward do you think it would be for people to watch us tango to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHID8hMgWKc

Possibly lead up with how some of our friends consider marriage a masochistic act in itself. Also, we're considering an off-beat gothic-ish wedding, and will have only 50 guests max all of which really shouldn't be surprised. But I still don't want to make anyone feel too weird.

PS - The other tangos I like are the Cellblock Tango from Chicago and the Tango Maureen from Rent... Both of which would be REALLY out of place. LOL!

Re: Tango... How awkward, do you think?

• If you're going to do a tango dance, then use tango music. 
  • Honestly I dislike choreographed dances and this sort of thing for first dances.  It just isn't natural and doesn't show the love the couple shares, IMO. 

• doeydo said:
    Honestly I dislike choreographed dances and this sort of thing for first dances.  It just isn't natural and doesn't show the love the couple shares, IMO. 
    I have to disagree. I think the time spent together choreographing/learning to dance and dedication to the event is amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards