South Asian Weddings
Options

Shopping in Mumbai - help please!

Hi ladies! I have just started the planning process for my wedding. I am planning to buy all of my outfits (sangeet, mehndi, ceremony, reception) as well as my family's outfits, from Mumbai. I will be traveling in a couple of months, however I have never shopped in Mumbai and I do not have any family there. Due to my work schedule, I will only be able to spend about a week in Mumbai. I am a bit nervous about the trip, as I am not familiar with the area or where to go. I have tried to do a lot of online research and some websites recommended stores in the Santa Cruz Station area (e.g. Seasons, Friendship, Bawree). I would feel much better if I knew of some areas or stores where fellow brides have shopped before. My budget is mid-range (I am willing to spend more on my wedding/reception outfits, but would still want to avoid anything from the very high priced designers). I am also open to having an outfit custom-made, where I can show them 1-2 pictures and have an outfit made from scratch. If any of you ladies have any recommendations, I would be INCREDIBLY grateful!! Thank you in advance.

Re: Shopping in Mumbai - help please!

• Options
    LocalOyeLocalOye member
    First Comment
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    Thank you both for your advice!! I really appreciate it. I have heard that in general, the area near Santa Cruz  West has a lot of nice bridal stores and is the best place to go. Would you girls agree? I feel like if I have an area in mind then it'll be easier once I get there. I looked up all the stores you both mentioned and several of them are in that area, eg Seasons, Kali and Bawree. I guess I have looked into prices and I think I would be willing to look at designer outfits too, just for my wedding outfit. Please let me know if you agree, because that way I can plan to check out the stores in that area over 2-3 days :)
  • Options
    Awesome!! :) I haven't been yet but my trip is planned for September, I'm going to use all of your recommendations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards