Ohio-Cleveland

Wedding show...

which one is better the q104  bridal fair or the one at the ix center?? iI would like to go to at least one. then my next question is my daughters and my soon to be stepdaughters are my wedding party.(18, 14, &14) would theybe ok to take? iI also have a 2 year old. hopefully iI can find a sitter for her.
thanks!!

Re: Wedding show...

• I've heard stories from the IX Bridal Show about shoulder-to-shoulder crowds and harassing vendors...but I personally have never been to either.

There's a smaller bridal show going on at Michaud's Towne N Country in Strongsville this Saturday. Admission is free: http://www.michaudscatering.com/bridal-show-2014
    Anniversary
  • IX has an expense to it so why would you go? Q104 vendors will harass you to no end. I attended the Michauds one and liked it but the only vendor I retained there was American Commodore which I was going to do anyway...they just had a special at the event so I took it. Personally, I think bringing your kids (think of them as your kids right now, not your wedding party) will just be a distraction. They will be giving their input on everything which will just be a huge distraction to you. The best advice -- don't give out your phone number. Also, create an email address just for wedding stuff. I've now been married for 3 1/2 months and just last week I got an email from a bakery about my need for a wedding cake.
  • IX has an expense to it so why would you go? Q104 vendors will harass you to no end. I attended the Michauds one and liked it but the only vendor I retained there was American Commodore which I was going to do anyway...they just had a special at the event so I took it. Personally, I think bringing your kids (think of them as your kids right now, not your wedding party) will just be a distraction. They will be giving their input on everything which will just be a huge distraction to you. The best advice -- don't give out your phone number. Also, create an email address just for wedding stuff. I've now been married for 3 1/2 months and just last week I got an email from a bakery about my need for a wedding cake.
  • I haven't been to either but my SIL is a photographer & of course goes to those to drum up business. Not all vendors are harrassing, but of course, just like any show (like the Home & Garden show) you will have some that are. I wouldn't take your kids even though they are in the bridal party. With so many people there, you will have to be more in mom mode then bride mode. They would probably enjoy any fashion shows but will probably find talking to vendors very boring.

• Also if you see any bridal shows at party centers, consider going to those, even if it's a venue that you wouldn't book at. They have few vendors so less crowded. The one at Lamalfa is great (it's this weekend). It's not cheap ($15.00 per person) but you get an amazing spread of food from the apps, to a full dinner and the dessert selection is amazing. You can't go out as a couple and get the type of meal you will get there for the cost. They have their recommended vendors their, but they give you information which is helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards