Students
Options

Last semester!

This will be my last semester of law school, and I really hope it's awesome.  I have only one "real" class and the rest of my credits are a clinic, which will be a lot of work but means I get to actually do work for real, live clients.  And I just got in some good grades for fall semester, although still waiting on a couple.  Yay!

I can't believe it's about to be over and I'll be taking the bar and then done with school, probably forever.  I was a teacher before law school so it's been schoolschoolschool my whole life.

Who else is graduating this spring?  Are you psyched or scared?  Anybody doing graduation and wedding really close to each other?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Last semester!

• Options
    Woo hoo! This is my last semester of grad school! I only have one class (a directed study) and need to finish my thesis. I'm a little nervous about getting my thesis done on time though because my adviser is horrible about getting back to me when I send her drafts.

• Options
    @elBecko - I'm about as far as you! I need to do my data analysis all this semester...as long as my thesis adviser doesn't keep slacking off and putting my thesis way on the bottom of her priority list I'm pretty confident I can get it done.

• Options
    Graduating this semester as well.... finally be an RN! Whoot!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Me!  Yea, I'm a little nervous about after graduation.  Got a great offer for a part time job in my field for a couple months right now that could turn into something permanent (heard about it from my department chair who said that the guy who called him about it said it was open to recent grads and former interns, but I was the only former intern who the guy mentioned specifically.  And there's been at least two interns more recent than me.  Makes me feel good!)

Gotta decide though.  H and I don't know how long we'll stay here after graduation.  Also, I'm already working a part time job and I'm afraid of over stretching myself by taking another.  But this is such a good opportunity!
  • Options
    I'm graduating this spring too! So excited, I am getting my second bachelors, first one was in english, this one is in nursing! Just have to pass my licensure and i am an RN! just in time to pay for a wedding in november!
  • Options
    I'm graduating this spring from undergrad! I left a good 9 months before the wedding to pay everything off with my new job.
  • Options
    Last year of grad school! Just got engaged on Sunday, so we just started planning! I'm thinking I might wait until I start working to really do the majority of the planning. We want to wait until I'm working and we can save up some money to pay for it all! 
  • Options
    @kitykatt15 Congratulations!!  Yeah I'm in the same boat-- finishing up law school, but unfortunately between having to take the bar and wait for my firm to start the new class year, I won't actually start working until October.  So we pushed our date until May 2015 so we have time to save.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lovesclimbing I just started a part-time job combined with law school and it's not too awful, but I don't know if I could take on a second one.  But it might be worth it if you think it could lead to a post-grad job.  Good luck deciding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    This is my last semester of my bachelors and I start Med School in August!!! it is exciting as it is nerve wrecking! Plus now wedding planning for June 2015!

• Options
    @lovesclimbing I just started a part-time job combined with law school and it's not too awful, but I don't know if I could take on a second one.  But it might be worth it if you think it could lead to a post-grad job.  Good luck deciding!
    @JCBride2014.  I called the guy about it.  We've been playing phone tag.  But in his message he said he was "really glad you called."  He told me about it.  I don't know if my hours will work for him, they're supposed to be pretty flexible, but I'm hoping.  I likely won't be able to go on spring break (I'm certainly not going to ask for it) with my family, but I've pretty used to the idea.  Can't be a kid forever.  A guaranteed spring break is just ending one year earlier than I'm used to.

My first part time job isn't too stressful.  It's pretty easy, the hours vary depending on how long it takes me to do stuff but I usually work 15 hours or less per week.  And this other job would be about 24.  And I have a really light semester.  Only three classes that have some overlap in work.
  • Options
    @JCBride2014.  I called the guy about it.  We've been playing phone tag.  But in his message he said he was "really glad you called."  He told me about it.  I don't know if my hours will work for him, they're supposed to be pretty flexible, but I'm hoping.  I likely won't be able to go on spring break (I'm certainly not going to ask for it) with my family, but I've pretty used to the idea.  Can't be a kid forever.  A guaranteed spring break is just ending one year earlier than I'm used to.

My first part time job isn't too stressful.  It's pretty easy, the hours vary depending on how long it takes me to do stuff but I usually work 15 hours or less per week.  And this other job would be about 24.  And I have a really light semester.  Only three classes that have some overlap in work.
    Sounds like that would be a lot of hours, but if the job isn't too stressful, it probably won't cut into school too much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    graduating in May with my Nursing degree!! 
    then the wedding is 3 weeks later... hahah woot!! 
    i can't wait! (;
  • Options
    My fiance and I are both graduating in May 2016 (I'm a graduate student working towards my PhD and he's a medical student) and we're planning our wedding right around the same time. I am freaking out. Glad to know we're not alone!!! :)
  • Options
    I'm in the graduation boat as well. Graduating May 24 with a Masters of Divinity and getting married June 7. I am currently in this cyclical thing where one day I am completely chill and know that at the end of the day as long as we are married and no one has ended up in jail, it doesn't matter what happens. And then there are other days where I am ready to pull out all of my hair...but I know I can't because my hair has to be perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I will be graduating at the end of this semester on May 10th with associates  of applied science in business administration! I am so excited to finally be finished with this degree. I think I may be getting my bachelor's degree online though. We are getting married May 15 2015. I kind of planned to have about a year to get ready for the wedding after graduation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm graduating in May with my bachelor's in psychology & a minor in English. I'm psyched for graduation! College has been a long, hard yet rewarding 4 years for me. I started college the summer after I graduated high school & I've went every summer since then (except 1 when I worked all summer) so I really have never had a break! My FI started college this spring & will graduate December 2015 so we're planning on tying the knot October 2015 :) I'm super excited! 
    "It's not going to be easy. It's going to be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards