September 2014 Weddings

Wedding Dreams...

Sorry if there's been a thread similar to this one.

I've had several wedding dreams within the last month, and  all of them involve my headpiece. I opted not to wear a veil and have decided on a thick, vintage lace headband instead (might add some netting like a birdcage veil). I haven't bought the headband yet.  In every dream I've had about the wedding, I always seem to forget the headband. The last one I had 2 nights ago, I forgot to buy the headband and didn't realize it until I had already started to walk down the aisle. Its so weird. WHY THE HEADBAND?! So I'm thinking, 'Okay, if I BUY the headband will I stop having these dreams!?"  :)

Has anyone else been having weird wedding dreams?
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Dreams...

• I had a dream about a week ago that I kept running behind on my hair and make up appointment. Something kept interrupting me before I would head to the salon and then before I knew it my photographer showed up and I had to be at the venue with no hair and make up done. That's interesting your dream revolved around your headband and mine around makeup/hair! I keep thinking it's a sign for me to make an appointment, haha.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I just posted in another thread about my first wedding dream. It was that I realized it was 9:15  (I was actually wearing a watch that I looked at!) and there had been no dancing yet! The reception will start at 8.  That would be horrible if it happened. I love to dance. I think it could be because while I was off from work over the holidays, I did a lot of wedding stuff, including scheduling the meeting with the DJ. 
  • @severmilli12 when are you going BM dress shopping? I know we're both looking for mint so I'd love to see the ones you choose. My best friend is looking for work at the moment so we probably won't be going for a couple more months once she hopefully finds a job. 

• @jenna8984 I plan on going BM shopping in late February/early March. A lot of bridal salons won't be getting their mint dresses in until February. I've been shopping online but there aren't many. DB has more mint dresses now and I've found that Target has a line of BM dresses that come in mint also.
    Anniversary

• I've had a weird wedding dream related to each of the major vendors we've booked. The night we signed the contract with the photographer, I had a dream that I wandered off chatting with people after the ceremony and they took all the pictures without me. I realized I was missing them about 45 minutes after the ceremony ended and by the time I ran back outside, they were all done. Then we were inside the reception venue (which in the dream, was my mom's house) and my mom told me "you can't be in here, you have to make a grand entrance! Quick, get out!" so hubs and I climbed out the window. Only where in real life outside that window there's a flower garden, in the dream it was a pond. I stepped across the rocks and turned to tell the mister to be careful not to ruin his shoes in the water, but he didn't respond. So I said again, "honey be careful, don't step in the water!" and he replied "OMG I can't take it! All you do is nag and I can't take it, I'm done!' and stormed off and left me. :-p He assured me the next day that I'm not a nag, he's not going anywhere, they'll wait for me to take pictures and we won't have to climb out a window. <3

• All my wedding dreams pretty much seem to focus on everything bad happening. I've dreamt that we had bad weather, dress not fitting, crashers and everything we don't want to happen will happen. I keep dreaming here lately that no one will show up and that someone will embarrass me like crazy. They just started the beginning of this year so I'm sure I will have more as it gets closer.
  • Had a dream recently that it was the day of & I forgot all the payment essentials!!  I already have the tote bag designated for the day that will hold all of the final payments.  I've gotten advice from friends that is to make out checks, set up labeled envelopes with tips about a week before.  That way it isn't crazy the day of at the end of the night paying everyone.  I'm super organized, so I'm sure it won't be an issue, but I guess I'm worried, that's why I'm dreaming about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards