Louisiana-New Orleans

What percent of your budget are flowers?

I know this totally depends on your personal preferences regarding the importance of flowers...but what is a typical portion of the budget dedicated to flowers?

My wedding will involve a bouquet for myself and my sister, boutonnier for my guy and his best man, plus I want to decorate the arch we will be married under. 

Total budget for our wedding is $22K.

I thought $1500 for flowers was reasonable, but I read a quote from Meade Wenzel in an article that most brides have a budget of $7000 for flowers?! Am I a total cheapskate?? That seems astronomical for the average bride.

Thoughts?

Re: What percent of your budget are flowers?

• Everyone is different but 7k sounds crazy to me. We paid a whopping $700 for my bouquet, grooms bout, 5 BM bouquets, 5 parent bout/corsages, a cake topper, flower girl basket, two ceremony decoration pieces, and a small arrangement for the table with the card holder. Granted, I didn't have anything elaborate, lots of hydrangea and roses. We did non floral centerpieces so that helped.
  • I think the standard is about 10% of your total budget. But it all depends on how important flowers are to you.
  • Ok, thanks for your input ladies. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards