Wedding Reception Forum

Ceremony and reception please help!!!

Help me please. I'm trying to get a schedule for my ceremony but i have no idea how a ceremony is supposed to go? please help me get together a schedule and an idea of how it is all supposed happen. 
Also i need help with the reception, my DJ is asking for a list of the wedding song other than the first dance. But i didn't even know there was more than one song required. please help me in finding this out my wedding is only a month away. anything will help.

Re: Ceremony and reception please help!!!

• JMalettasJMalettas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
     First of all, are you getting married in a Church, and if so, what denomination? (This could be a factor as to how long, or what generally happens at your ceremony). Also, what time will it be starting? 

As far as dances go, it's up to you! Technically, if you 'only' wanted the first dance, then only have that. Our DJ gave us a sheet to fill out, with all of the potential dances we could have, which songs we wanted them done to, and what music throughout the night we wanted played.  There was the 'entrance music' for when we entered the reception hall, the type of dinner music, the first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, bridal party dance, music we may have wanted played for bouquet/garter toss, a list of 'must-play' songs we wanted, 'do-not' play songs we didn't like,  and what song we wanted to end the night with. Of course, if you don't want a certain dance, or certain music played at a specific time, then you don't have to! It's your wedding, and you can do whatever you want! :)

Hopefully this helps you a bit! 

Good luck, & congrats on your upcoming wedding!

*J
  • Do you have an officiant? If so, they should be able to provide you with a schedule for your ceremony. If you're writing your own, here is some useful information (LINK).
  • Thank you so much for the information im much calmer now that i have met with my officiant and got everything in order for the songs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards