Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Flower girl help!!!!!!!!!!

Our wedding is 2 months away and our church JUST told us we are not allowed to throw flower petals inside of church. My poor flower girl has been practicing for months and I feel horrible. Im also completely dumb struck as to what to have her do now. Suggestions!?!

Re: Flower girl help!!!!!!!!!!

• I have never seen a flower girl actually throw petals. Many churches do not allow this because of cleanup issues.

Your flower girl could carry a small bouquet or pomander.

• Have her carry a pomander.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My girls carried flower wands I got off etsy.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think pomanders are really cute! I see just as much of this as I do actual petals
  • I agree - a pomander would be cute:-)   

Also?  You should probably re-think posting under your actual email address.  These are public boards and you really don't want everyone here knowing how to spam your email.   
    DSC_9275
  • What about havinc her give guest on the end of the aisle flowers?? Or Blowing bubbles..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If the church says no to petals, then bubbles probably would not be approved. Anyway, they are a little too whimsical for a church in my opinion. Our church says no to real petals but allows fake (polyester) petals as those can be vacuumed.
  • If you (or she) have your heart set on tossing petals, give her fake ones. There are lots of pretty cloth petals that look very real for sale in whatever color you want. I really like the pomander idea, too. I'd be doing that, but my FG told me from the start she wanted to be the girl who throws the flower petals, so that's what she'll be :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you still want her to throw petals, then do it. I'm sure it would mean the world to her, especially if she's been practicing so much.

Sometimes school organizations hire themselves our for a few hours of miscellaneous labor. I know that when I was in high school, robotics, drama, etc members all auctioned off their time so that their group could get more funding. I suggest checking out schools in your area to see if you can get someone like that, and just direct them to clean up all of the petals, whatever after your ceremony.

If no petals are there after you all leave, that's all that matters. Churches tend to make those rules so that little old ladies coming in at odd hours to pray don't feel like they're required to pick up your petals.
  • My couzin had teh same issue. It was an easy fix! The flower girl had real flowers in a gorgeous white basket and she just handed roses to the guests as she walked down the aisle.
    We cut the stems just so they were medium lengh and the guests actually liked being given flowers ( Of course she could only give the flowers to the ones that were sitting on both ends).

Good luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_flower-girl-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:3908304a-7c3b-44ca-bbc9-9afbcdfbc7cfPost:e0eb0074-acca-4b35-9cd4-a42e17a48549">Flower girl help!!!!!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is 2 months away and our church JUST told us we are not allowed to throw flower petals inside of church. My poor flower girl has been practicing for months and I feel horrible. Im also completely dumb struck as to what to have her do now. Suggestions!?!
    Posted by bunny1921@aol.com[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards