Florida-South Florida

looking to wed in Fl as a destination wedding

Hey Everyone!
I am from New England and looking to do a destination wedding on a little bit of a tight budget! We are thinking about 35-40 people attending. We want a beach ceremony and outdoor reception. Because we are so far away, everyone will be staying in a hotel so looking more into a resort setting. Thanks for all your help
Stac

Re: looking to wed in Fl as a destination wedding

• Beach ceremonies and outdoor receptions down here are gorgeous, no doubt, but our weather can be very unpredictable.  For example, who would have thought we'd have flooding in Jan. which is our drought season? Spring and summer just about guarantee daily rains. For that size party, you could try my favorite, Bimini Boatyard.  They are a beautiful restaurant with outdoor capabilities, with a water view.  The big plus is the option to have indoors as well, which still has a lovely view.  The food and service are strictly 5 star, but on a 2-3 star budget.  The bigger room holds 80, so with your size, a dance floor will fit very well.  There are very nice hotels in the area, so you could even do the rehearsal at one of those venues.
    Good luck.
  • Check out Newport Beachside Hotel (http://newportoccasions.com/)!  They have wedding packages at all prices ranges that are great for destination weddings, and for people that have many guests coming from out of town, and need accommodations as well.  "Lauderdale pink" is right though, the weather in South Florida can be very unpredictable (for example, there was a tropical storm and flooding the day before my wedding, but it was sunny, and we were able to have our ceremony and cocktail hour outside the next day!).  Newport was great because they have backup inside spaces reserved so you don't have to stress out if the weather isn't cooperating with you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards