Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Vendor Reviews

monbrown1988monbrown1988 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited January 2014 in Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Venue: Event 1013 A-The venue was everything we wanted look wise. It was contemporary yet classic, sexy, a NYC vibe, and had the ceremony site and reception site all in one place. We worked with Aimee when we booked the venue over a year ago, she was outstanding, always got back to me when I needed her, helpful, and very kind. She left about 4-5 months ago and I was assigned another person who worked there. She was very kind as well and knowledgeable about the venue, at our final meeting though she forgot about the meeting and I was standing in front of the venue waiting for her in the cold. She apologized and showed up about 15 minutes later and everything was fine. We got married in front of the living wall, we wanted to get married in front of the candle wall but we couldn't accommodate the number of guests facing that way so we faced the living wall instead. Just as beautiful and I am sure it photographed well. The staff the night of was great as well. The venue was clean and the bathrooms were nice. It was a great venue if you are looking for a venue all in one place with your ceremony/reception and with a guest list of 100 or less.

Photographer: Cassie Loree Photography A+ I cannot even begin to put into words how much I loved working with Cassie. She is absolutely amazing at what she does. I found her through my now sister in law who used to work with her. Cassie has a way of making the bride feel like the most important person in the world. She kept me calm and on time. She was super accommodating for my wedding and my bridals. The day of my bridals it was pouring down rain, the whole week it had forecasted rain so we were thinking of back up plans but hoping for the best. The day of the bridals it was pouring, like crazy rain. I called her numerous times that day and she said we could do whatever I wanted. It was my vision to go to my husband’s hometown about an hour away and take pictures around where he grew up. After a few hours of tears and phone calls we drove down to his hometown and met, Cassie had on rain boots, an umbrella for me, and even a tarp. Magically right as we began taking pictures the rain stopped. I consider myself very lucky to have had her take my bridals. They came out better than I could have ever dreamed of. I felt like a princess. And Cassie made sure I did, she kept telling me how gorgeous I was, thought of interesting places to take the pictures, and was game for anything I suggested. We met up so I could order some prints of my bridals and my husbands wedding gift and she was so excited to show me all the bridal photos. I think that is what makes her so special, her love for what she does. She lights up when she shows others her work and oozes compassion for others and kindness. The day of my wedding she showed up for getting ready pictures and stayed until about 11:30 shortly before we left for our hotel. The day of my wedding she was the best. She helped me keep my composure and made me feel like I was the prettiest girl in the world. I have only seen one of my wedding pictures and it is stunning, I cannot wait to see the rest. If you want someone who loves what they do and makes you feel like a star definitely go with Cassie, she is truly the best.

DJ/Officiant Ed Petty of LeForce Entertainment A++ I found Ed through a review on the knot. I am so glad I did. He was my favorite vendor to work with. He is so kind, funny, and truly loves what he does. He kept the party going, asked my husband and I if we needed drinks throughout the night, kept us on track with time, and made everyone feel like they were rock stars. As an officiant, he performed a flawless ceremony. I created the script with a bit of his help and he executed like a pro. He is fairly new to the officiant side of weddings, and when I booked him a year ago he offered to do my ceremony for free to help him build his repertoire of ceremonies. Now he is on the preferred vendor list at tons of venues and is now charging for his officiant services. I was truly lucky to have him marry us. He made my husband and I feel so much love and he even came to our rehearsal dinner. I consider him a friend now and am so happy I used him. I recommend him to any and everyone who wants to have a fun reception and romantic ceremony!

Videographer: Splendor Films A++What can I say about Splendor Films that has not yet already been said? They are truly amazing at what they do. I fell in love with them after watching one of their highlight films and booked them nearly a year before the wedding.  Jeff and Amanda have an ability to make the bride and groom feel like they are the only ones in the room. They are such genuine people and really want to make your wedding a special night. I know they have done 100s of weddings but they have so much passion for what they do it felt like they were just as excited as if it was their first wedding. I just received my DVDs this week and in the package was a hand written card, the DVDs, a flash drive, and a dark chocolate bar. I feel like that truly shows how much they love what they do and the brides and grooms that use them. It was so sweet and thoughtful and I think my husband and I may have even found some drinking buddies to hang out withJ I recommend them to ANYONE who wants to have their wedding recorded. I know many brides during the budget time feel like they can let videographer move to the side but it was truly the BEST investment I made for my wedding. Our highlight video encompassed the night and I have watched it over 20 times, everyone from family to friends who have seen it have complimented it and said Jeff and Amanda were just the nicest people ever at the wedding. Splendor Films is the best videography around and they deserve every amazing review they get!

Re: Vendor Reviews

• I forgot to add flowers and hair!
    Hair: Mahnazz Firozgary A++
    I have been going to Mahnazz for over 15 years. I grew up in Houston and have been going to her my whole life. She drove down from Houston for my special day and was such a delight to have there. She did my hair, my bridal party, both moms, and both sisters. She was super creative and did exactly what the girls asked for. She was also a guest at my wedding and made sure my hair stayed the whole night. She is a family friend and I consider myself so lucky to have had her do my hair. I told her when I was a little girl that she would do my wedding hair someday and stuck to my promise.

Flowers: Daisy White A++
    My aunt did my flowers. They were stunning. Exactly what I dreamed of and showed her pictures of. She has been doing weddings since before I was even born and I am so lucky she did my flowers. They were pops of coral and white and were classic yet whimsical. Everyone loved them and my bouquet was simply magical.
  • Last one! 

Makeup: Cat Smith with Knockout Beauty A+

Cat was amazing to work with! Super kind and knowledgeable and let me do 2 trial runs to make sure I was comfortable with the way I looked. My makeup stayed ALL night and I got so many compliments about it. She is fantastic at what she does and I would recommend her to anyone who wants airbrush-she also does regular makeup as well and is amazing!

• Great reviews!  Did you have a wedding planner/day of coordinator? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards