Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Aisle runner + Grass = ?

Hello Ladies!

Was wondering if any of you know if I should use an aisle runner for my grassy ceremony space.  I already have a runner from the original aisle company so it has a thick foam type of backing on it, but I don't know for sure if it will work.

Will heels sink into it? That would be such a nightmare!  I was planning on putting stakes through it to anchor it into the ground so it didn't flip up.

Help!

Re: Aisle runner + Grass = ?

• Options
    I'm getting married in grass, and our caterer (who has been working with the venue for, like, 20 years) said he doesn't usually recommend a runner. Too many chances for your heel to sink through, especially if the ground has any moisture on it at all. However, it really is your decision if you want to use one or not.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    A lot of places dissuade brides from using aisle runners. No matter the type of ground you are on (rug, grass, sand, hardwood, tile, etc) they are huge tripping hazards.

• Options
    OH MY GOSH THAT IS TERRIBLE!  Yikes.... You may have convinced me to skip it.  I would feel so terrible if someone tripped on it :(

I have rose petals on either side anyways, so maybe the runner would be overkill anyways?
  • Options
    wow i hadnt thought about any of those points ... i'm having an outdoor wedding too and although the girls are wearing cowgirl boots, even if they were low to flat heels, the idea of having to stake it down and still having the end result of a lumpy runner is enough to scratch it off my list!!!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm totally regretting having purchased it, and I got one of the really nice, expensive ones too!  Darn :(
  • Options
    = Tripping Hazard!!!!

My friend had an aisle runner on grass, everyone was tripping the whole walk down. The runner sinks into the grass under the foot, then it gets caught on the shoe as the person lifts their foot up and the runner wrinkles. Then it happens again on the next step, and the next, the whole walk down. Don't do it.
  • Options
    Gah it's official!  No aisle runner!!!!  

Thank you wonderful ladies :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards