Registry and Gift Forum

Do I need to register?

My fiancé and I are having a really small wedding with only family. I wasn't planning to register especially since we both have apartments and don't really need anything, but my mom still thinks we should register.

Re: Do I need to register?

• If you decide to have that shower you asked about, it would be best to register so you don't get 3 toasters and so guests have some ideas of what you would like. Having a small registry is always helpful for the folks who want to buy you a physical gift so they can get something you want.

You don't have to register though. People can select a gift for you of their own choosing. Or they may ask you or a close family member (i.e. your mom) what to get you. You can then say: We are saving up for a house/ honeymoon/ trip/ big screen tv/ pony/ etc, or even we don't need anything. You can tell them whatever you would like.

FWIW…We did not register and we received 5% random, but lovingly selected boxed gifts, 20% gift cards and 75% money.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I am in the same boat.

Some people enjoy giving gifts, and you don't have to have a large registry (if it's small, people may also simply decide to give cash, which is always appreciated!).

I think I'm going to stick to a small Target or Williams Sonoma registry. Going for wants over needs. Both Fi and I are big foodies so we'd always love specialty oils or spices. You don't have to register for the usual china and flat wear!
  • If you are having a shower, I would recommend you register as well. Largely to keep duplicates down, make returns easier, and make gift giving easier on your guests as well.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards