California-San Diego

Please help! What to save on and what to splurge on

I have been engaged for 3 years and now we are finally getting married in May in La Jolla. We have worked hard to find a great deal on everything from food truck catering, to an amaZing DJ and waitstaff. Now that we are ironing out last minute details I am second guessing every decision we have made. A majority of guests are coming in from out of town and I am so confused as to what to indulge in (flowers, food, drinks) and what to minimize. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you decide?

Re: Please help! What to save on and what to splurge on

• Our priorities were hosting our guests really well at the reception. So we chose a venue / number of guests / caterer / bar option and made those things our priority. Your guests will not care if you have fancy flowers or not, but if you can't afford to feed them a full meal at dinnertime or if you make them pay for their drinks they will definitely remember that and not in a good way! Make sure you are properly hosting your guests. After that, it's a personal preference if you'd like to spend more on your dress or more on flowers. That decision does not affect your guests' comfort.
  • I am very lucky,  I work for a party rental company so what few rentals we need, i will get at a discount.  Same with my flowers, DJ and possibly photography.  I think you need to do what is most important for you guys as a couple.  I plan to spend more on food and drinks than anything else as thats important for my fiance and I.  I hope your wedding turns out amazing and if you need any referrals for vendors you haven't decided on let me know, i may be able to help you.  Where in la jolla did you end up decide on using?
  • We went with Artquest Catering for our bar option. It extremely reasonable to do a hosted open bar! They are extremely responsive and willing to work with your budget! We are getting married in San Diego and are from Arizona, so we are very tight on budget as well! I HIGHLY recommend them. They also have a florist who is doing all of our flowers (bridal, brooms, mother of the bride/groom, centerpieces, etc) for under $1,500.00!!!
  • dconi625 said:
    We went with Artquest Catering for our bar option. It extremely reasonable to do a hosted open bar! They are extremely responsive and willing to work with your budget! We are getting married in San Diego and are from Arizona, so we are very tight on budget as well! I HIGHLY recommend them. They also have a florist who is doing all of our flowers (bridal, brooms, mother of the bride/groom, centerpieces, etc) for under $1,500.00!!!
    I didn't know that Artquest did catering. But Arturo (sp?) does really beautiful floral work!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards