Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father/daughter dance - strained relationship

I need help, Knotties! My dad and I aren't that close for a number of reasons. He's been in my life the entire time, but we have a strained relationship for sure. I've still invited him to walk me down the aisle and do the father/daughter dance. To try and engage him in the process, I asked him for some father/daughter dance songs and he came back with Celine Dion's Because You Love Me. Yikes! That doesn't describe our relationship in my opinion. I think it would be a farce to dance to it. Any other suggestions that are less sappy? Preferably something upbeat. I was thinking of Stevie Wonder's Isn't She Lovely. Other thoughts?

Re: Father/daughter dance - strained relationship

• I would talk to your dad and ask him for some other suggestions. 
  • I'm doing "Its a wonderful world" - louis armstrong

My dad and I aren't on the best of terms either. It was very hard listening to song choices realizing how many don't apply to our relationship. Just like when I try to find a 'father's day' card for him each year. 
    My fiance isn't exactly close to his mother so we were thinking of picking one song for all of us to dance to at the same time. I dance with my dad and fiance with his mother. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards