Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday fun

Re: Wednesday fun

• Options

It's hard to keep up with all of these questions!

If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today? I would want a veggie burger fries and onion rings from Cheeburger Cheeburger, we had it this past weekend and I've been craving it again all week.

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what are your plans? We do ut we haven't discussed what we will do this year if anything it will be small.

If you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why? A massage they are wonderful

Anniversary

• Options
    1. What time did you wake up at today?
    6:00ish (dog woke me up barking and I didn't look at the clock) 

2. Last movie/tv show you watched?
    House hunters international...I would love to move overseas again.

3. Are you wearing pink today?

No.

4. How much does it cost to fill your car with gas?
    We actually don't have a car.  We get around fine with public transportation in the city and taxis (and rental cars when needed).

5. If you could buy any one item right now, what would it be? Bonus point for link.
    A nice new trendy jacket in a bright color like green.

6. If you could move anywhere within the country you currently live in, where would it be?
    East coast (near NY).

7. Favorite healthy recipe?
    I make a pretty healthy chicken chipotle dish with quinoa.

8. What is your favorite winter Olympic sport?
    Ice skating

Other questions:

9. Make up your own question! Toilet paper - over or under?
    Over.

10. Do you like musicals? Do you have a favorite?
    Love them!  I love Phantom especially.

10. What DIY project are you dying to do right now?
    Put up a back-splash in our kitchen (or clean our cluttered kitchen table...but putting up a back-splash sounds more fun. 

10: Bonus Question: If you could drive any car what would it be?
    I know nothing about cars since we don't have one but H loves Audis so I'm sure I'd like to drive that.

What's the last book you read?
    Insurgent

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what are your plans?
    We do.  This year I planned it as part of H's Christmas present (a full day at the spa for both of us)

Bonus Question: if you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why?
    Massage... I love them.

If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today?

Mac and cheese with lots of hot sauce.  Mmmmm

• Options
    @TwoDimes...I lived in London.  It was awesome to be able to travel every weekend pretty cheaply to a new country.  Where did you do your internships overseas?
  • Options
    5:15am  

Last week's Parenthood last night

I am actually! It was an accident but it still counts.

$40, give or take

5. If you could buy any one item right now, what would it be? Bonus point for link.
    A winning lottery ticket

6. If you could move anywhere within the country you currently live in, where would it be?
    I would stay in good old New England. I have always thought Cali would be a cool place to live as well though.

Probably breaded eggplant with fresh mozzarella and tomato slices. I could serously eat that 3 times a week.

Ice skating

9.  Toilet paper - over or under?
    Over. Who thinks under is legitimately efficient?
    Meh they have to be REALLY good, and if they are then I likethem. (Confession - I HATE Rent). I looooooved Wicked.
    10. What DIY project are you dying to do right now?
    Life.
    10:  If you could drive any car what would it be?
    A silver BMW convertible.
    11: What's the last book you read?
    I re-read Graceling, can't wait to continue the series. I also need to start Divergent, like, yesterday.
    12: Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what are your plans?
    I've always loved Valentine's Day, single or coupled. It's so cheesy but it's fun. Plus, everything is pink and it's 3 days after my birthday.
    13: If you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why?
    Well I already get a mani once/twice a month, so massage I guess. I've never had one O.o
    14: If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today?

Buffalo chicken mac and cheese.

My Question: If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently posess, what would it be?

Ambition. I tend to be content with the status quo a lot of the time, particularly in career situations, and don't really feel the drive to push myself.

• Options
    You know, I'm right there with swazzle today - why does no one answer my question?

To answer csousa1's question: If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently posess, what would it be?

Patience. I have no patience. I need patience badly, generally speaking.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I slept TERRIBLE last night, I just tossed & turned. I got out of bed at 740 (alarm goes off at 730, snooze for nine minutes, allow one minute for stretching).

New Girl last night.

Nope.

From dead empty, around $60. (2011 Subaru Legacy)

I REALLY want a grown up bedroom set. Maybe something like this:

I missed this one before. Boston; Portland, Maine; Rhode Island/Mystic, Conn.; Denver; somewhere on the coast in the Carolinas. 

I like a nice tilapia filet with some kale. 

Downhill skiing and hockey.

Toilet paper - over or under?
    The only acceptable answer is over. 

I love them, and I wish I could go see more. I love Rent.

What DIY project are you dying to do right now?
    I don't really have anything in mind right now.

If you could drive any car what would it be?
    For everyday, I would love a loaded white Legacy. Unfortunately, only the 2.5i (which I have) is the only one that comes with a manual transmission, but I would just pimp the SHIT out of it. 

In my dreams, a Maserati Granturismo MC in matte black.  

I'm reading a short story by Jennifer Weiner called "Swim." It's a prequel to her book "The Next Best Thing" which I'll probably read as well. 

I HATE Valentine's Day. 

If you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why?
    Massage, no question. 

If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today?
    I'd go down the hill to my favorite restaurant and get gravy cheese fries and garlic parm wings. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    You know, I'm right there with swazzle today - why does no one answer my question?

To answer csousa1's question: If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently posess, what would it be?

I find it hilarious that you're impatient about needing patience :P
  • Options
    @csousa1 - I love parenthood.  Do you think Julie and Joel are going to split?

@Brisox81 - you can have the bedroom set - can I just have the bedroom?  Geesh, my bedroom is probably as big as where the tall dresser is in that picture!!

If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently possess, what would it be?
    I would like to be an outgoing extravert instead of a shy introvert.  Oh and a workout/nutrition freak just so I'd have a killer body.

If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around?  - I would keep my Management Info Systems degree but I would have went to a bigger school instead (Ohio State University perhaps)

Anniversary
  • Options
    csousa1 said:

I find it hilarious that you're impatient about needing patience :P

Eh, at least I'm honest about it. My grandma had a sign in her kitchen that said "Grant me patience yesterday!" Seems to be a long-standing flaw in my family.
  • Options

@Dignity100 - FUCK Joel right now, honestly. He took no responsibility for a damn thing. Julia should have told him the truth from the get-go and it would have been a much smaller issue, but seriously dude, man the fuck up. I hate that to give them their share of Braverman drama they had to COMPLETELY go against his character. He was my favorite before this whole thing and now I'm just mad. I really hope they don't split up. Also, Ryan is a coward - peace fucker, don't let the fatigues hitchya.

I may have some strong opinions. @BriSox81 what did you think?

• Options
    6:20a

Parks & Rec

Nope

$55ish

THIS

Scottsdale, AZ

Meh, I like cheese and fries and stuff.

Curling

9. Make up your own question!
    If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around?  - I would go to a state school instead of a fancy private school, OR if I did go to a fancy private school for a comms degree, I would have gone to Syracuse so I would at least have a degree from Newhouse. 

I would probably still major in communications/journalism, although I do wish I would have been smart enough (aka had better study habits) so I could have done PT or AT. 

If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input).

Rowan or Harper. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around?  

Nursing. At a state school.

Reese or Harper
  • Options

If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around? I love my undergrad major acting/theater but I may gone more pratical with a degree in finance.  I wouldn't change getting my MBA though

My Question: If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently posess, what would it be? more patience

If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her : I would be soooo soooo happy if I had a daughter tomorrow. I would want to name her Madeleine Elle I love that name.

Anniversary

• Options

I don't really remember. Some time after 7, because I hit snooze way too many times.

I think the last movie I watched was The Hobbit. Last tv show was an episode of Dr Phil last night that I had DVRed until the fire alarms went off in my building and I was rudely interrupted. By the time they turned off, it was 25 minutes later and I gave up finishing the show and trolled on facebook instead.

Only my undies have pink in them. My outfit is a teal cami with a tan/brown cardigan and a pair of khakis.

For the past few months, I've been in the habit of refilling it every Monday morning regardless of how empty or full it is. On average I have 1/4th of a tank in there each Monday and it costs about $35 to fill. Sooo...I'm guessing if it was on empty completely, probably around $50.

I'm in desperate want of a new tv stand. Ex-bf took our nice one when we broke up and I've been using a crappy, cheap-o one ever since. I like this one:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Real-Flame-Fresno-72-in-Media-Console-Electric-Fireplace-in-Dark-Walnut-G1200E-DW/202959818#

The weather in California is pretty great, so I'd go there.

I don't think this counts as healthy but it's as close as I'll get - chicken seasoned with taco seasoning and topped with salsa. Bake for 25 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes til cheese is melted.

Figure skating!

9. Make up your own question!

I will come back to this along with the rest of the added questions. Gotta run into a meeting for a bit!
  • Options
    @csousa1 & @dignity100 - I'm pissed at BOTH of them. I think Joel has been an absolute DICK lately, and I think Julia is out of her god damn mind. I'm so MAD at her. Joel is awesome (up until recently) and her little indiscretions are absolutely ridiculous. 

In other news, I'm TERRIFIED something bad is going to happen to Zeke while Camille is gone. I love love love Max, and last week made me SO sad. I'm so glad that Kristina isn't making my cry every damn week this season with cancer stuff, but I'm so jealous of her hair, it almost makes me cry. I HOPE Amber falls in love with the guy from the band that Ryan beat up. 

• Options
    BriSox81 said:
    @csousa1 & @dignity100 - I'm pissed at BOTH of them. I think Joel has been an absolute DICK lately, and I think Julia is out of her god damn mind. I'm so MAD at her. Joel is awesome (up until recently) and her little indiscretions are absolutely ridiculous. 

In other news, I'm TERRIFIED something bad is going to happen to Zeke while Camille is gone. I love love love Max, and last week made me SO sad. I'm so glad that Kristina isn't making my cry every damn week this season with cancer stuff, but I'm so jealous of her hair, it almost makes me cry. I HOPE Amber falls in love with the guy from the band that Ryan beat up. 

I can't believe I forgot that you watched it considering that you totaled spoilered it on me hahaha.

I have been worried about what they are planning to do with Zeke and Camille, I wish he'd just friggin gone to meet up with her when she decided to extend her stay. I don't know why, but I'm really not all that mad at Julia. She had a LOT on her plate, and Joel up and turned into a different fucking person and basically bailed on her. She didn't lead Ed (who I kinda have a crush on, shocker) on at all, and sure it shouldn't have happened but come on, it was NOT the end of the world. I will be so pissed if they break up.

I want Amber to take a break for a while, which judging from the previews for this week it looks like she will. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED that Seth is back, I love him so much. I always wanted him and Sarah to get back together but honestly, he's too good for her. Sarah is a royal pain in the ass.

Poor Max. I love him. Kristina and Adam are the best parents ever and I adore them.

• Options
    1. What time did you wake up at today? I got up around 9.

2. Last movie/tv show you watched? The Office. I'm re-watching it on Netflix

Nope, I don't own very much pink so I almost never wear it.

4. How much does it cost to fill your car with gas? About $50 if it's completely empty.

I'm considering buy the Kindle Paperwhite. I don't need it because my Kindle works perfectly but I want it! If I get it I'll probably give BF my old one because he really likes reading on it but he doesn't read enough for him to buy one of his own.

6. If you could move anywhere within the country you currently live in, where would it be? I have a somewhat recent desire to live in Maine but BF and I would also really love to move to Washington.

7. Favorite healthy recipe? I have a really yummy recipe for slow cooker cilantro-lime chicken.

8. What is your favorite winter Olympic sport? Figure Skating

Toilet paper - over or under? I don't care either way

10. Do you like musicals? Do you have a favorite? I enjoy them but I don't have a favorite

What DIY project are you dying to do right now? I'm not really a DIY kind of person

If you could drive any car what would it be? I have no idea, I don't really know cars.

What's the last book you read? I'm reading Delirium right now.

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what are your plans? BF and I usually celebrate it, not in any big blown out way but a nice dinner is usually a part of the plan.

If you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why? Mani/pedi, I don't like massages.

If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today? Hmm...pizza probably.

• Options
    csousa1 said:
    BriSox81 said:

I can't believe I forgot that you watched it considering that you totaled spoilered it on me hahaha.

I have been worried about what they are planning to do with Zeke and Camille, I wish he'd just friggin gone to meet up with her when she decided to extend her stay. I don't know why, but I'm really not all that mad at Julia. She had a LOT on her plate, and Joel up and turned into a different fucking person and basically bailed on her. She didn't lead Ed (who I kinda have a crush on, shocker) on at all, and sure it shouldn't have happened but come on, it was NOT the end of the world. I will be so pissed if they break up.

I want Amber to take a break for a while, which judging from the previews for this week it looks like she will. I am SO FUCKING EXCITED that Seth is back, I love him so much. I always wanted him and Sarah to get back together but honestly, he's too good for her. Sarah is a royal pain in the ass.

Poor Max. I love him. Kristina and Adam are the best parents ever and I adore them.

I love them so much. It killed me when Kristina was going through the cancer stuff, and Adam was just so amazing. Even when they fight, they're good. Every time we watch I ask S2H - "Can we be just like them? But without the kids?" And he says yes, so I think that we're in for an awesome life.  

• Options
    If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input). Anne or Renee.
  • Options
    If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input). Lilly or Aria

• Options
    9:21 am

Once Upon a Time

Nope.  Not today.

I think it's like 50 or so to fill it from E to F.

Can it be more of an event? Cuz I really want to sign up for the Run or Dye 5k race.  And that comes with things.

Probably either to Las Vegas or to somewhere in New England.

A marinated tofu dish I make is probably the healthiest I've made at home besides a Thai peanut chicken salad.

I don't have one.

9. If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today?
    A nice big bowl of spicy ramen from my favorite restaurant.

Extra Questions:

Under

Do you like musicals? Do you have a favorite?
    Yes, I love Into the Woods

I'm horrible at DIY.

Practical would be a Jeep Patriot or a new Honda (Civic or CRV).  For fun I would like to own a Bently.  I'd probably never drive it anywhere, but I like Bentleys.
  • Options

If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today? Definitely pizza. Either with ham and mushroom, ham and pineapple, or ALL the veggie toppings.

If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input). I've always been partial to names like Rachel, Madeline, Susan, Cynthia. It's hard, I feel like I won't know unless I actually have a girl. And even then I don't know if I'd be able to choose a name until I saw her face or not.

• Options

Definitely over. Under drives me mad. Luckily BF and I see eye to eye on this for when we live together.

Do you like musicals? Do you have a favorite?

I do, but I have only ever seen Wicked done professionally. It was amazing and I'd go again if I could.

I'm still hoping to pick up crocheting in the near future.

I'm not sure. I don't have a dream vehicle. I only know that I'd never go back to driving anything other than an SUV. I would just like some day to be able to drive something brand new off the lot.

Oh boy. Lately, I've been in a terrible habit of starting a book and not finishing it. Right now, I'm reading Driven by former Green Bay Packers wide receiver Donald Driver.

Meh. It doesn't really make a difference to me either way. If I make plans to celebrate, I prefer something low key at home. No plans this year. BF works on V-day from 2-10:30 PM.

If you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why?

Definitely a massage. I had a free chair massage from work about a month ago and the lady gasped when she touched my shoulders and said I really needed a table instead. haha. The amount of tension I carry in my shoulders, back, and neck is off the charts.

Wellll, I'm having Spaghetti-Os so there's your answer.

If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around? 

I would choose a degree that would allow me to work with animals. Whatever degree would get me a job in wildlife rescue and rehab...

I'm not sure on this. I haven't thought much about baby names.

• Options
    Y u no answer my question?
  • Options
    @BriSox81 & @csousa1 - Agreed that Zeke needs to get his ass on a plane!!

As far as Julia and Joel goes; their roles have changed.  Joel really has not been all that supportive of Julia (but he probably feels a little angered that she quit her job without talking to him first - but it allowed him to pursue his dream).  They obviously need to figure out where they each fit in the family/relationship if they want to stay together.

I actually like Sarah and Hank the best, I think they balanced each other out.

Agreed on Kristina and Adam getting parents of the year award!  It seems like they have what most of us strive for!!

Question:
    No idea - if I adopted a female dog today it would be Emma or Lily depending on breed (yup - that moment where I'm the crazy dog lady again).

Anniversary
  • Options
    Holy hell, I can't keep up. I think I've missed a lot of questions in there, but to answer @csousa1, I'm going to be the dick that goes with a physical trait and pick big boobs. Or at least BIGGER than what I have currently. booobiesss.
  • Options

@melmac86 I loved Wicked when I saw it on Broadway such a great show!

Anniversary

• Options

@melmac86 I loved Wicked when I saw it on Broadway such a great show!

Yesss!! The songs are so dang catchy and got stuck in my head for days. I actually wanted to buy the soundtrack, but never got around to it.
  • Options
    melmac86 said:
    Holy hell, I can't keep up. I think I've missed a lot of questions in there, but to answer @csousa1, I'm going to be the dick that goes with a physical trait and pick big boobs. Or at least BIGGER than what I have currently. booobiesss.

Haha sorry, I didn't mean you specifically, I was just being a brat in general. Solid choice dude.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards