Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday fun

13»

Re: Wednesday fun

• What kind of gravy are we talking? Like, turkey gravy? I've never seen these served here at a restaurant in WI. I think I'm missing out.
  • 1. What time did you wake up at today? 10:30am.

2. Last movie/tv show you watched? I fell asleep while watching Bones on Netflix.

3. Are you wearing pink today? Surprisingly, yes! My bra.

4. How much does it cost to fill your car with gas? Nothing! I have a Zipcar membership. I don't have to pay for gas.

5. If you could buy any one item right now, what would it be? Bonus point for link. We're waiting till after the wedding to buy this couch: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S69840434/#/S59840439

6. If you could move anywhere within the country you currently live in, where would it be? Chicago!

7. Favorite healthy recipe? ... Nope.

8. What is your favorite winter Olympic sport? I might take a LOT of shit for this, but I have zero interest in the Olympics.

BONUS QUESTIONS

Toilet paper - over or under? Over. Under is wrong. I have to stop myself from fixing this problem when I'm a guest at someone's house.

Do you like musicals? Do you have a favorite? I LOVE MUSICALS. I don't know if I have a favorite. I love The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Damn Yankees, Anything Goes, Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, Guys and Dolls, RENT, Wicked, Les Miserables (<3 Colm Wilnkinson forever), Avenue Q, Hairspray, Phantom of the Opera, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and Victor/Victoria.

Tomorrow night, I'm seeing Once!

What DIY project are you dying to do right now? I'm starting my paper flower project for centerpieces/bouquets.

If you could drive any car what would it be? Honda Civic for everyday, Audi A4 for when I want to impress the shit out of people.

What's the last book you read? *mumbles something about finding time for reading*

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what are your plans? Kind of? I dunno. We do small gifts and order food so we don't have to cook.

If you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why? Massage. I've got a seriously messed up shoulder, tight calves, and REALLY tight psoas muscles, which give me awful hip pain.

If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today? So the funny thing is that generally, nutritional value is irrelevant to my lunch choices. I usually get a wrap from the trolley across the street. My issue is that my finances usually dictate what I have for lunch.

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • NEW questions:

If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently possess, what would it be?

-Does it have to be a personality trait? If so, I'd go with the perfect amount of self-confidence (not too cocky, not too unsure).

If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around?

-I'd probably have gone to Med school.

If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input).

-I loved the name Hayden until it became popular 6-8 years ago.  I'd probably go with my grandmother's name which I've always loved (Karen...but it is pronounced "Caa-rehn" so I'd hate it when people would, inevitably mess it up).

• @twodimes: My favorite place here calls them Disco Fries, and it's appropriate, because they make me immediately do a happy dance. 

@melmac: They're fries with gravy. And cheese. I guess turkey gravy? I don't know, but they taste like heaven. 

Word to the wise: if you eat Disco Fries, while also drinking your face off to get over a bad break up (and getting your friend to put sparklers in your shots), and you decide when you get home that you MUST brush your teeth, which then makes you feel like you're going to puke, DO NOT PUKE IN THE SINK. It takes about three bottles of Draino to clear Disco Fries out of a bathroom sink. 

Or so I've heard. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @brisox81, are gravy cheese fries akin to poutine?
  • If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently possess, what would it be? Is there a word besides "adulthood" that describes being able to get up at a reasonable hour, get your work done at work, and keep your apartment clean?

If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around? I would double major in Community Health and Women's Studies (I double majored in Biology and Women's Studies), and then I would get my MPH.

If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input). Soooooo my partner and I already agreed to name our first daughter Julia Jeanne. I have, like, a million favorite girl names, so I can't think of what I'd pick instead of that if it were entirely up to me.

Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~

I hope so! I friggen love poutine!!!

• Yeahh, I'm definitely missing out. New project for me - searching for a place in the general area that serves these fries. We do have this one restaurant that serves sour cream and chive fries with ranch. They're delicious!
  • So for me these are now THURSDAY fun questions, but I worked my butt off yesterday and was too tired, so don't hate.

1. What time did you wake up at today?
    Woke up at 6:30ish, got up at 7:15. I also woke up a bunch of times in the middle of the night.

2. Last movie/tv show you watched? I just finished watching Half the Sky on Netflix.

3. Are you wearing pink today? *Checks* There's some in my underwear.

4. How much does it cost to fill your car with gas? Maybe $45 (2007 Chevy HHR).

5. If you could buy any one item right now, what would it be? Bonus point for link. A new laptop that has actual substantial battery life.

6. If you could move anywhere within the country you currently live in, where would it be? Not too far from where I am - maybe Virginia or one of the Carolinas. But definitely someplace a little warmer, and definitely within a couple hours of the beach.

7. Favorite healthy recipe? Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii don't know, I don't really cook healthy things. Haha.

8. What is your favorite winter Olympic sport? I like figure skating, but I'm not all crazy about the Olympics like that either, so.

9. Make up your own question! If anyone decides to answer, what was your favorite thing about yesterday?

Toilet paper - over or under? Over.

Do you like musicals? Do you have a favorite? I LOVE musicals. All of them. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite because I have loved it since I was a little dude.

What DIY project are you dying to do right now? Some pretty DIY canvas work that I can hang on my wall, but I have a few options.

If you could drive any car what would it be? I am partial to Nissans, I just like the way they look. I would probably get a Rogue or Murano. I am not very into cars.

What's the last book you read? A book of essays about nursing. I need to diversify my collection of books a bit.

If calories, nutritional value, all of that healthy stuff didn't count, what would you be having for lunch today? French fries, Diet Coke, a milkshake, and a cupcake. I want to eat all the unhealthy things.

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so, what are your plans? This year, it will be Singles Awareness Day for me, lol. I like Valentine's Day, I like any excuse to celebrate and spend time with people I love. I think this year I'll see if my other single friend (I hadn't realized how attached everybody was until now) would like to do something special just the two of us, since usually we hang out in a group of other ladies who are attached.

If you had to choose between a 90 minute massage once a month and a mani/pedi once a month, which would you choose and why? Definitely the massage. I abuse my back. I have the worst body mechanics, and I can feel it. I actually hate having polish on my hands, it just feels weird, and I don't like it when people touch my feet, so I do not enjoy manis/pedis.

If you had college / post-secondary education to do all over again, what would you major in the second time around? I would probably do education and become an English teacher (or maybe some sort of foreign language teacher, if I could manage to actually learn and retain Spanish this time around). I just miss the classroom, and I miss reading and talking about different ideas and points of view, and I miss papers and creative assignments. I am a geek.

If you could have one trait that you don't feel you currently possess, what would it be? A healthy self-esteem. I feel like I'm becoming a little more confident in myself, but I feel like I either over- or under-do it at times.

If you had a daughter tomorrow, what would you name her (and no, you don't have to ask your partner for their input). Serafina, Sabrina, or Natalia.
  • @Arnapola14 My BFF in college and I used to get together on Valentine's Day regardless of if we were in a relationship. We would make homemade pizza and watch Gone With the Wine and drink hard cider. Best V-Day date ever! Just something to keep in mind if you want any ideas.

Similar, but poutine has squeaky cheese (cheese curds), while these just have regular shredded cheese on top. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Arnapola14 My BFF in college and I used to get together on Valentine's Day regardless of if we were in a relationship. We would make homemade pizza and watch Gone With the Wine and drink hard cider. Best V-Day date ever! Just something to keep in mind if you want any ideas.
    Does anyone else see where my mind is at here? I really meant Gone With the Wind. But I haven't had wine in over a week now. I'm so sad :( Two more days of antibiotics.

Similar, but poutine has squeaky cheese (cheese curds), while these just have regular shredded cheese on top. 
    Gotcha, Bri. I had to ask because honestly, if I could live on poutine, I might. At least today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards