Ohio-Northeast
Options

Like everyone else - On a Budget

We, just like everyone else it seems, are on a very tight budget ($10-14k) with 150-175 people. There is still the possibility that we will elope or have a destination wedding and a backyard BBQ when we get back, but here are some of the place we are considering. Any adivce or thoughts would be much appreciated. Her family is from the youngstown area and my family is from the west side of Cleveland (Avon Lake). So we are not really tied to any place in particular. We are having the ceremony and reception back to back.  Just want it to be cheap and fun.

La Vera Party Center
Adam Hall Community Center
New Orleans Party Center
Bohemian National Hall
Belarusan american Community Center
St. Michaels Woodside Party Center
Columbia Ballroom
Millcreek park riverside gardens
Tippe Canoe Country Club
Gambitta's Party Center
Spring Lake Party Center
SYB Party Center
Guys Party Centre
Chateau Michelle
Magnuson Grand Hotel
Waters Edge

Re: Like everyone else - On a Budget

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Hi! Congratulations on your wedding! The first thing I recommend you do is sit down and list out all the aspects of a wedding that will cost money (food, DJ, photographer, etc.) Then you guys need to rank them in order of importance. That way, you will know where you should spend a little more and where you may possibly not spend at all. If you don't have a date set in stone, consider a Friday or Sunday wedding. Some venues will offer a significant discount for events held on days other then Saturday. This is something to consider when going through your venue list. Hope this helps a little!
    Kristen Delvau| Owner / Wedding and Event Coordinator
    Delvaux Wedding & Event Planning
    www.facebook.com/KristenDelvauxWeddingEventPlanning
    Say 'I do' to a stress-free wedding.
  • Options
    I went to weddings at both Gambittas and Orleans last year - and they both ROCKED! I can't even lie, I thought that they might be kind of boring, but they kicked it. Gambittas had amazing food, and they were so friendly and service was just spotless. Orleans had a huge dance floor. Their bartenders weren't the best - but it was beautiful. 

I wasn't a bridal party member, I was just a guest, but as a guest - I had rave reviews and a wonderful time at each place. But seriously, try the pork at Gambittas, amazing! :D
  • Options
    I am visiting Magnuson Grand Hotel next week! Bride's seem to like it!
  • Options
    I think we are actually going to look at venues close to Youngstown more closely. a large portio of the guests are from there so it might make more sense. Please let me know what you think about the Magnuson Grand Hotel. We are definitely interested in the venue
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards