Ohio-Cleveland

On a budget like everyone else

We, just like everyone else it seems, are on a very tight budget ($10-14k) with 150-175 people. There is still the possibility that we will elope or have a destination wedding and a backyard BBQ when we get back, but here are some of the place we are considering. Any adivce or thoughts would be much appreciated. Her family is from the youngstown area and my family is from the west side of Cleveland (Avon Lake). So we are not really tied to any place in particular. We are having the ceremony and reception back to back. Just want it to be cheap and fun.

LaVera Party Center
Adam Hall Community Center
New Orleans Party Center
Bohemian National Hall
Belarusan american Community Center
St. Michaels Woodside Party Center
Columbia Ballroom
Millcreek park riverside gardens
Tippe Canoe Country Club
Gambitta's Party Center
Spring Lake Party Center
SYB Party Center
Guys Party Centre
Chateau Michelle
Magnuson Grand Hotel
Waters Edge

Re: On a budget like everyone else

• You should add Ridge Manor in Brooklyn to your list. It's right off of 480 so it'd be convenient to both locations you listed and it's well below your budget! I was more than pleased with Sharon at Ridge Manor and the food was amazing! Also, as far as I know, you'd need more than 150-175 for St. Michaels Woodside. It was also way out of my budget so I doubt it'd be within yours... Good luck!
  • You should add Ridge Manor in Brooklyn to your list. It's right off of 480 so it'd be convenient to both locations you listed and it's well below your budget! I was more than pleased with Sharon at Ridge Manor and the food was amazing! Also, as far as I know, you'd need more than 150-175 for St. Michaels Woodside. It was also way out of my budget so I doubt it'd be within yours... Good luck!
  • The Fountain Bleau is right in Avon and very affordable. Melissa is super accommodating too!
  • try rec centers. middleburgh heights (thats where iI am having mine 5-11 for 600.00) tgeres also the gemini center in fairview park. we are on a very, very tight budget.  ours is $4000. for about 150 people. we are not even going to have a photographer, way to expensive. with everyones phones and stuff iI think iI will be ok if they take and send pics. 
  • try rec centers. middleburgh heights (thats where iI am having mine 5-11 for 600.00) tgeres also the gemini center in fairview park. we are on a very, very tight budget.  ours is $4000. for about 150 people. we are not even going to have a photographer, way to expensive. with everyones phones and stuff iI think iI will be ok if they take and send pics. 
    Seriously?!? That's ridiculous to not have someone photograph. Even if it's just a friend or something you should have someone act as a photographer. Mine was $995 for unlimited hours. I'm sure you can find someone to fit an even small budget... Have you tried a photography school? I can't fathom spending $4,000 on a reception but not having a photographer.
  • my girls are teenagers. they have iphones and ipods. they have friends coming. iI am sure iI will get plenty of pictures!! :-)  

my entire budget is $4000. thats my dress my 3 bridesmaids dresses. the tux. the 2 groomesman tuxes. cake/cupcake tree, which iI am doing. food that we are making. his friends are preparing a lot thats their gift. all decorations, plates, silverware, napkins, tableclothes, flowers, hall, security, liquor, liquor permit, oh and of course a dj. so photographer is not in the budget anyways. 

• oh and iI forgot invitations. iI am just buying some from pat catans and printing my own.
  • To each their own but I'd cut decorations, flowers, and some of the liquor to have a photographer and not rely on some teenagers and their iPhones.
  • not only teenagers. my sister in law has like a $500 she willbe taking pictures. other people will take pictures. iI will have my didgital camera there. iI will have enough pics iI think. (plus this sounds bad but iI absolutely hate myself in pictureres) 
  • iI went to ridge manor for a bridal show. they are like $34 a person. thats high in my opinion.
  • iI went to ridge manor for a bridal show. they are like $34 a person. thats high in my opinion.
    Uhm...okay? You bring your own booze. It's cheaper than the bulk of places I visited. I only found two that were cheaper: Columbia Ballroom and Michauds, both of which I didn't think were as nice. Ridge Manor is cheaper than a number that were on the list the OP posted.

Depending on what's included, that may not be a bad deal.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    Erikan73 said:
    iI went to ridge manor for a bridal show. they are like $34 a person. thats high in my opinion.

Depending on what's included, that may not be a bad deal.
    It included so much! Gorgeous choices of centerpieces, the card box, linens, decorated head table, bartenders, security, lots of choices of food including three entrees, two kinds of beer and we got to bring our own booze and wine and most importantly, it included tax & gratuities which adds on so much at the end of everything since many don't include it.
  • 3400 * 150 is $5100. 

my venue is $600. linens are an extra $34 per room. we have 2 rooms so thats $68. 
    you can rent the food holders for a buffet dinner (not sure the name but you know what iI mean keeps the food warm) they are roughly $100 per night.
    security is $210
    plates, silerware, napkins, etc is prob going to be around $150 buying in bulk, maybe less.
    food iI have priced out also buy in bulk at sams willbe around $500.
    alcohol beer, wine, and a few well drinks prob around $250
    cake/cupcake tower will be less than $70.  iI know this iI just had a 500 cupcake order and it was roughly $110 for everything. 
    so 
  • so about 2000.00

thats more of a budget. in my eyes anyways. iI am also diy'ing my centerpieces so that will depend on how many tables.
    it may be a little more for alcohol, not sure how much exactly we are getting yet.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    @Jessica2426 - I don't know what point you're trying to make to me. You're not the OP. Ridge Manor fits in OP's budget. Does it fit in yours? No. All I've said to you is that it's not a good idea to rely on wedding guests for pictures. You posted about it on another board and others agreed with me. Have a fabulous wedding and I hope that you get the pictures you're hoping for...but please, whatever you're trying to accomplish by talking about my venue choice, just stop -- you won't get anywhere with it.
  • um, 1st iI wasnt rude. iI am really not talking about photographer, she asked about being on a budget. iI am trying to help her jjst like everyone jumped on me abut not having a professional photographer. just offering input about a different choice. iI broke down thevenue options just so she could understand what iI was paying. iI didnt talk about anything else in the last posts. iI wasnt putting down or saying anything about the choice iI was just simply stating one option as compared to another.

if you want iI can also ghrow in other venues iI looked at and the prices there. iI just quoted that one because iI actually got a quote there. and she told me that was her ”off season and friday” price since we are not getting married during the busy spring/summer months.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards