Wisconsin

Giving the Bride Away

I am having a problem and need some advice. This will be my second marriage and we are having a small and very family oriatated wedding ceremony. Here is my problem. I have a Dad and Step dad, both are very close to me and I also have there daughters. Who do I have me down the isle. My step dad gave me away for my first marrage because my father was not around. Since then I have developed a great realtionship with my father and kind of wnat him to have the chance to walk me because he has no other daughters. But I also feel that I am older and I have my daughters who have been my life and also would like them to give me away. Help.... I dont wnat to hurt any feelings!

Re: Giving the Bride Away

• Honestly, I would probably do your daughters.

Having your stepdad walk you down again esp with the fact that you are now in a relationship with your father would probably hurt him. Also the other way around since your step dad was there for you.

• Like the PP said, have your daughters walk you down the aile. Or you could have your daughters as WP and have both your dad and stepdad walk you down the aile. I had a friend who's grandpa(on her dad's side and no daughters) walk her down with her own dad. If you go with your daughters walking you, maybe have a dad/daughter dance with both your dad and your stepdad at the reception.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • This is the prime example of when walking alone is likely the best option. You and your FI can also walk together. Unless your religion specifically requires someone to "give the bride in marriage" I would skip it.

p.s. You might not want to use your full name as your username on here.
  • Definitely an instance where walking alone is really the best option. IMHO, you have two children and have been married before, do you really need to be "given away"?
    Unless your religion requires this, consider skipping it altogether.

p.s. It's probably not a good idea to use your real name as your username!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards