May 2014 Weddings

Invite Etiquette Question

Okay, so FI brother lives with their parents (long story to that).  My question is this, do I send one invite with all their names on it? or do I send one to his parents and one to his brother?  I may have more questions, but that is the big one that I can think of.
Anniversary

Re: Invite Etiquette Question

• If the brother is over 18, send him a separate one even though he lives with his parents.
  • I'd send just one addressed to them all.
  • Does the brother have a girlfriend or significant other that you are also inviting? If so, I'd definitely send him a separate invite. In fact, I think I would send him a separate invite anyway if he's over 18, like @majesty318 said. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely send him a separate invite. That way he can have all the information for himself and his parents won't have to feel like they need to be responsible for RSVPing for him or making sure he knows where to be and when.
  • If the brother is over 18, send him a separate one even though he lives with his parents.
    Exactly this.  If I was in my early 20s I wouldn't mind being on my parents invite but after mid 20s I'd be like wtf?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah, after I put the thread up, I came to the conclusion that he should get his own.  He is 37 and we are giving him a plus one even though he isn't even dating in general.  But my FI has strong feelings about giving everyone a plus one whether they are dating anyone or not.  So he will get his own :)
    Anniversary
  • See how we all gave you good advice and we were nice about it and you decided to do the right thing. I wish the girls from some of the other boards could come over here and see how that's done.

Nobody called you rude or yelled at you for not giving him a +1 (even though you never said you were going to), nobody called you names, there was no fighting. LOL 

• Gosh @tammym1001 it was all so easy I almost feel like I should pick a fight or something! LOL.  Oh I know!  I'll tell FI brother who he can and can't bring!!  ITS MY WEDDING AFTER ALL!!! LOL :D
    Anniversary
  • As long as you're telling him who to bring you might as well tell him what to wear too. LOL
  • Don't forget to include a print out of the EXACT gift you expect him to buy ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards