Registry and Gift Forum

Starting to think about the registry and

Most of the "fine" things we dont need because they will be passed down to us by my mom and grandma. Is it ok to register for everyday stuff?? And also will it look bad if we dont have those or if our different wine glasses dont match? What price range should be kept in mind? I am planning on a macy's registry and possibly bed bath and beyond. We dont have crate and barrel in PUerto Rico but they have a lot of affordable and fine looking stuff and we do like to entertain a lot so idk if 3 registries is too much or it gives family members from the states more options.

Re: Starting to think about the registry and

• It is perfectly fine to register for every day items.  That is what most people do and what most people need.

For prices just make sure you have a good variety.  You don't want all expensive things and then just a few non-expensive items.

Three registries are fine.  But if you only feel like doing two then that is fine as well.

• I think the majority of our registries are the everyday type stuff. I think things that don't necessarily "match" isn't bad. I just had a tea party where we used family china which was all mismatched. Everyone thought it was cool.

@JaniV123 I did not know you're in Puerto Rico. That's where we're going on our honeymoon. :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @fre3doms that is awesome and you will find very very nice weather not too hot like during july-sept feel free to PM if you want suggestions on places to visit or hang out

• My FMIL was pressured to register for crystal, china, and silver.  She wishes that she had just stuck with what she wanted to do register for what they actually needed, rather than trying to appease other people.  FWIW, I would rather get someone something practical that they will use often.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only registered for things I need and have space for. Nothing super fancy. High quality yes, but we didn't have the space for a formal dining set so we didn't get one. My SIL has a fancy china dish set and she said it just takes up space in her cabinet because they never use it.
  • @MayDay513 thanks! since we dont live together yet nor know how much space we will have, we are goign very practical in that sense. formal dining things we have waay too much being passed down to me so we will not be registering for that

• JaniV123 said:
    @MayDay513 thanks! since we dont live together yet nor know how much space we will have, we are goign very practical in that sense. formal dining things we have waay too much being passed down to me so we will not be registering for that
    Yeah we moved in to a 660 sq foot home, so space was limited. It wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe register for some like organizers for like under the bed/sink etc. We skipped a toaster and just got a toaster over to save on counter space. Honestly, you will know your habits/likes and dislikes best. My SIL said a panini maker would be a waster of counter space, we use ours at least 3 times a week. We love sandwiches so it's worth it for us to have it sit on the counter.

PS. Bed Bath and Beyond's return policy is fantastic. We got a juicer in May for our wedding, didn't really use it until like October, one of the pieces broke after about 4 weeks of using it everyday. We tried to replace the piece and couldn't find it online anywhere. Called BBB and they said to just bring it back to the store. No box, no receipt, nothing. They pulled it up on our registry and gave us a full credit for it. So we put it towards our new juicer. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards