African American Weddings
Options

Lets Talk Cake!!!!!

tirathemrstirathemrs member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
edited January 2014 in African American Weddings
What kind of cake are you envisioning for you big day? The color, The flavor, The size???

For me I want a Publix cake (you can never go wrong with Publix) my theme of food is southern so i want a carrot cake with cream cheese filling of course (one tier) and strawberry with fresh strawberries for the filling in the other tier... 
Im thinking about a square cake heres my vision:

imageALTHOUGH THIS CAKE IS ROUND I WANT IT SQUARE STYLEimage
image THIS IS MY FAV

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Lets Talk Cake!!!!!

• Options

Those are pretty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @misstira.. what ever is your favorite is my favorite.. because I LOVEEEEE PUBLIX.. and I will be expecting a slice or two 
    but the design the one in the middle is my fav out of the three.

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    Why was my first thought Rihanna when I saw "Cake!"

We are getting an amaretto cake: almond cake with raspberry filling between layers and German buttercream icing. There's no Publix up here; we're going to Sugarbakers.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options
    SenecafSenecaf member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2014
    I want it to look like me.

Edit. It didn't work!
  • Options
    No idea what the cake will look like
    "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @misstira- Those cakes look yummy!!!! I like the second one.
    @minsu5- We are meeting with SugarBakers this week to discuss cakes. They can be a little pricey but the cakes we tasted at a bridal show was so good. I love their designs also and apparently they can make any cake in any design you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This. What do you think? Just kidding. I like a simple white cake round or square with flowers on it maybe
  • Options
    @Soon to Be Mrs Jay, I initially planned to use our venue for the cake, but when I tasted theirs, it was okay. I could taste the Crisco in their buttercream icing. I discovered Sugarbakers by reading their reviews online and visiting their bakery (they are very close to my job). Once I tasted one the slices of cake in their bakery, I was hooked. Our order came to about $6 -  $7 per person. 

@Senecaf, first of all, her dress ain't that cute. Second of all, it takes a lot of vanity to make a cake of yourself. Third, that cake better be the best thing ever and I wonder if they're still together.

• Options
    That freaky ass cake...just ridiculous...who wants to eat a cake like that

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    I want a cupcake tower, but he wants a cake. Here's what ideas we've gotten so far.

The 1st pic is of a my tower, with the exact cupcake colors and cake topper that I want. The 2nd pic is of cakes that he wants.
  • Options
    @cidefi, if I was a guest, I would prefer a cupcake because it's easier to eat and to take home if you don't have a chance to eat it during the reception. However, as a compromise, I can see a blend of the two, maybe making the top or bottom layers a cake and then all other layers a cupcake.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    waaaahhhhhhhh {{exhaling}} I haven't been able to post for weeks!  figures this would be the thread to bring a bish back to life lol @ Tira.

um @ Sen - how about the way she's sideyeing her own image like "what this heffa doin here?"  guh, you did it.  lmao! 

@ Dougie - the dress by itself is hideous, dress + kitchen curtain design on the front + elbow gloves AND a tiara?   girl, bye.

goin to catch up.

• Options
    The cake is prettier than her... Ijs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Kinda want different cake flavors on each tier, something to compliment chocolate ganache... Would love to have a pretty white cake, but I'm a chocoholic! I fell in love with this style when I saw it. I would love to do something like a flower rhinestone combo between the tiers.
  • Options
    minsu5 said:

@cidefi, if I was a guest, I would prefer a cupcake because it's easier to eat and to take home if n't have a chance to eat it during the reception. However, as a compromise, I can see a blend of the two, maybe making the top or bottom layers a cake and then all other layers a cupcake.

I said the same thing. I'm leaning toward the cupcake tower (each color of iceing being a different flavor) with a cake topper. And the grooms being Boston Creme Pie flavored.

• Options
    I would like to do a cupcaker tower as well....flavors undecided....
  • Options
    Here is my cake.  We had a round bottom, square layers and square cupcakes. I know its a lot going on but it is the only thing besides the food that Hubby wanted to have input in so I let him design it.  It came out PRETTY DANG ON GOOD!  and we only spent about $400 total!  There was NOTHING LEFT!  Including our top layer for the anniversary.  The guests said the cake was so good and it went so fast.  We used Fresh Bakery in Baltimore.  We had seven different flavors, which is why I think it went because some people took cake and a cupcake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's pretty. I love the square cupcakes.
  • Options
    @RanyattaCasey, Your cake and cupcakes looks awesome, and it brings up a good point. Few guests will remember the ceremony and most expect a decent plate of food, but serve them something delicious and they'll recall the taste years after the fact.

• Options
    @minsu5 you know I am coming to your wedding because THAT'S MY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!  ONE YEAR BABY!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    marsm4 said:
    The cake is prettier than her... Ijs
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!  Moni said how you get played by your own cake? lol!!!!!

Here is my cake.  We had a round bottom, square layers and square cupcakes. I know its a lot going on but it is the only thing besides the food that Hubby wanted to have input in so I let him design it.  It came out PRETTY DANG ON GOOD!  and we only spent about $400 total!  There was NOTHING LEFT!  Including our top layer for the anniversary.  The guests said the cake was so good and it went so fast.  We used Fresh Bakery in Baltimore.  We had seven different flavors, which is why I think it went because some people took cake and a cupcake.

Guh?! this thing here?  This cake is like turn down for what??   This one of those times I wished I lived down south.  You did not say 7 layers and a stadium of cupcakes for $400.  Dammit.  I archived this picture so I can walk into my bakery like BAM, work it out and get back to me.  lol!!
  • Options

Guh?! this thing here?  This cake is like turn down for what??   This one of those times I wished I lived down south.  You did not say 7 layers and a stadium of cupcakes for $400.  Dammit.  I archived this picture so I can walk into my bakery like BAM, work it out and get back to me.  lol!!
    ALL THIS RIGHT HERE.....YESSSSSS

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards