Snarky Brides

Just saw this on Facebook

"If you haven't received an invitation to my wedding yet then you weren't invited. Just sayin"

Re: Just saw this on Facebook

• I didn't receive an invitation so clearly I'm not invited, but I'm not mad about that. LOL
  • What the flying fuck. My response would be something along the lines of "I don't give a rat's ass about your wedding. Just sayin"
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• You know some really bitchy posts I read on FB, I can't help but think they are indirectly targeted towards a specific person. Maybe some of their friends are hounding them about their wedding, either way I think being passive aggressive especially on FB can't get any shittier. Nobody wants to read about your drama with other people. And if this woman is directing this to all her FB friends, then she's just narcissistic and needs a "come to Jesus" post about how most of her FB friend probably don't even gives a rat's ass about her stupid wedding but her and her fi.
  • When my cousin got married they only invited relatives. Apparently a lot of her friends kept bugging her for an invitation and acting all pissy when she said no. She got frustrated enough about it one day to send out a mass email saying that if anyone else asked her about coming to the wedding she would block their phone numbers.
  • jdluvr06 said:

When my cousin got married they only invited relatives. Apparently a lot of her friends kept bugging her for an invitation and acting all pissy when she said no. She got frustrated enough about it one day to send out a mass email saying that if anyone else asked her about coming to the wedding she would block their phone numbers.

I can kind of see where she's coming from. If people are hounding her, then they're being rude.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • jdluvr06 said:
    When my cousin got married they only invited relatives. Apparently a lot of her friends kept bugging her for an invitation and acting all pissy when she said no. She got frustrated enough about it one day to send out a mass email saying that if anyone else asked her about coming to the wedding she would block their phone numbers.
    Oooh! That's rough! I think in this case I'd completely understand why she'd do that and it's more private in email than on FB. Because she's choosing to have a family only wedding, her friends are the ones being rude by getting pissy about not being invited. I can imagine that if I were a bride, I'd already be in enough stress trying to get everything booked and ready for the big day, the last thing I'd want is for my friends to give me crap and constantly nagging me for an invite. I think the hardest thing throughout the whole planning process is the guest list at least for me anyway! How about you all?
  • jdluvr06 said:
    Oooh! That's rough! I think in this case I'd completely understand why she'd do that and it's more private in email than on FB. Because she's choosing to have a family only wedding, her friends are the ones being rude by getting pissy about not being invited. I can imagine that if I were a bride, I'd already be in enough stress trying to get everything booked and ready for the big day, the last thing I'd want is for my friends to give me crap and constantly nagging me for an invite. I think the hardest thing throughout the whole planning process is the guest list at least for me anyway! How about you all?

*STUCK IN THE BOX*

I think it was at first, only because relatives weren't frickin responding so we could get their information!! The most stressful for me is getting my family coordinated and understand how everything and where everything is, since they are not from the area. (it's stressful because my FI and I are paying for my parents to come in and their stay so hence the reason why it's up to us to plan everything). Anyways, they have gotten snippy when they realized how we planned things and we come back and say "we're paying for it, this is how it's going to get done" So yeah.....>.> my family is not organized haha
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2014
    I should have added that this post was from the groom, not the bride.
  • Our wedding venue seats 28 people. TWENTY-EIGHT. I'm not even inviting my aunts/uncles/cousins. I have a family friend who won't. let. it. go. Even after I told her that our venue was small and we were inviting immediate family, she asked if she "made the cut." Now every time she sees me or a family member she says how disappointed she is that she isn't invited. I feel bad because if we were having a bigger wedding I'd invite her but COME ON! This is the same woman who, when I got engaged, said to me "don't forget [my sister] and I when you make the guest list, we don't bring those ten dollar gifts." Facepalm.

Basically - I could totally see how someone would do this. 
  • Hahahaha!  I love this. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards