Wisconsin

Rehearsal in Madison, WI

Any suggestions for a casual fun rehearsal location in Madison area?  Something not so expensive but good food. 

Re: Rehearsal in Madison, WI

• edited December 2011
    We had ours at the nitty gritty downtown. We looked into a couple other places and almost had it at the great dane until we started working out the details with the restaurant. They were AWEFUL and  not flexible at all. We couldn't even have the food we wanted! The nitty gritty was super easy to work with and really went out of their way to make it easy for us.
    KRHagen November 2009
  • edited December 2011
    I've heard that Bellini is a good place.  Otherwise there's the Brink Lounge that holds wedding receptions, so I think it would be pretty easy to do a rehearsal dinner there.  I think we will look into both those places.  We are leaning more towards Bellini since FI and family is VERY Italian.  We would have loved to do it at Granite City (at West Towne Mall) but I'm not sure they do them, and they don't really have a great area to hold it...still might look into though.

Thanks KRHagen for the heads up.  We were thinking about looking into the Great Dane since we love their food!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I've been to a rehearsal dinner at Biaggi's which was great. They have some private rooms to use and they can do family style meals. Definitely worth checking out because their food is always amazing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The Nitty would be fun and casual for sure. They would prolly open up the second floor just for you and your guest. The manager there is also really nice and great to work with, I wrote a paper on the Nitty for collage once. 
  • edited December 2011
    It may be a little more expensive but we are doing ours at the Prime Quarter. They rent out the downstairs room.  It should be a great time where everyone can hang out around the grill and visit, plus the food is good!!  It also depends on how many people you have.  Let me know if you have questions on the number of people or the cost, I have it all at home.
  • edited December 2011
    A number of restaurants in Madison have private rooms they'll open up for you and even wave a room rental with a food minimum.  Rather than trying to find a place based on price, maybe first narrow down the type of food or location you want to be in Madison and then work wtih the restaurants.  Many places will work with you to create menus that may be less expensive than the menu prices.  My in-laws wanted the biggest and the best (not my idea or what I wanted at all) so we're doing ours on the 14th floor of the Hitlon, but we looked into a lot of other restaurants.  Johnny B's, Sambas, Liliana's were some of the few we looked into.
  • edited December 2011
    What side of town?  We are actually going to use Forrestals in Middleton.  The food is catered in, but they only do one event a night so its private.  I think the prices are reasonable. 
    I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
  • edited December 2011
    We had our rehearsal dinner at Babes on Schroeder Road (off Whitney Way).  We had our own private room and it was American cuisine with a lot of options.  From what I can tell, it was pretty reasonably priced.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards